Tottenham Hotspur, the Ryan Mason variant

Thatā€™s some goal from Pedro Porro to finally break the deadlock in the FA Cup 3rd Round against Burnley.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/thespursexpress/status/1743038772739031117?s=46&t=0sQkcb7z4szDmx1-2Xlm0w

A renewal of the 1981 FA Cup Final in Round 4 at White Hart Lane.

Thatā€™s some business that Chairman Levy got through today.

Some new lad now from Genoa,
But on the flip side Eric Dier has gone to Munich (Bayern like) :smiling_face_with_tear:

Van de Ven back for the trip to Old Trafford today after a 2 month injury lay off. Werner makes his Spurs debut.

Why did Leipzig allow Werner to leave on loan? Surely heā€™d still do a job for them. Seems a strange one unless he wasnā€™t part of the managers plans.

That Spurs midfield is threadbare with Bissouma and Sarr in Africa, Maddison still out injured. Son off playing in some Asian Cup too. Weā€™re down to the bare bones.

I started feeling a whole lot more positive about things when @Special_Olympiakos predicted a 4-0 Man U win. Sure enough, we equalise seconds later.

Spurs seem to much prefer playing Abu Dhabi than Manchester United. Iā€™m struggling to think of many Spurs victories against Manchester United over the years. There was the 1-6 thrashing during Covid alright, the 4-1 on New Yearā€™s Day 1996 when Chris Armstrong looked like Ian Rush and the Ta Ra Fergie game in Ye Olde Littlewoods Cup in December 1989 when Spurs won 3-0 at Old Trafford. Canā€™t think of any others off the top of my head after that.

Bentancur levels it up. 2-2.

Jonny Evans every bit his age there

Nicely taken but I would not be happy with either my central defender or goalkeeper if I were a Manchester United supporter.

I think Spurs beat Man Utd in the last game played at the old White Hart Lane. 2-1 possibly. Think that would have been 2017/18.

Spurs are well on top here, should be able to take the three points

Won 3-0 i think August/ September 2018?

1 Like

They may well have done but I have no recollection of it, in fairness I donā€™t remember much after about 2001.

I have a notion Spurs may have beaten Manchester United 2-0 in 2016 with two late-ish goals, the same day as the final round of the US Masters, but I canā€™t say for sure.

Spurs under the stewardship of George Graham knocked Man U out of the Milk Cup in December 1998 to prevent them winning the Grand Slam that season. We beat them 3-1. Their bogeyman Chris Armstrong got another double in that game with David Ginola scoring as well.

I donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen a worse player in the EPL than Brennan Johnson.

1 Like

Ah yes I recall that game now because I didnā€™t see it as I was in St. Jamesā€™s Hospital visiting my oulā€™ fella who was in for a short stay.

I had to go in the following week myself as an outpatient for an ingrown toenail operation, and then again the following month when I got a separate ingrown toenail on the other side of the same toe. That was quite annoying. Itā€™s also not a good idea to play Gaelic football with an ingrown toenail.

1 Like