Tottenham Hotspur, the Ryan Mason variant

Maybe levy wanted to try out being a club who won things, and appointed accordingly

Yes indeed, Iā€™ve been against all those appointments, itā€™s an awful pity really but sure what difference is it to me, I have no idea how real supporters feel.

spurs fans want to be lovable losers, Iā€™d like to say thereā€™s no shame in that butā€¦

Conte was a brave appointment. It made a statement.

The brother in law is a massive Spurs fan goes over 7 or 8 times a year. He is miserable at the moment the poor fucker. Takes it awfully seriously, be in a bad mood for the day if they lose

Amazing that Daniel Levy escapes @ChairmanDanā€™s ire isnā€™t it? Heā€™s the one signing off on all these managers

Spurs went 15 consecutive seasons 1990/91-2004/05 without finishing in the Top 7. There were 4 or 5 seasons in there when we flirted with relegation for good chunks of the season.

We have come a long way under the stewardship of Chairman Levy. In the past 13 seasons, we have finished in the Top 4 on 7 occasions, 5th on 3 occasions, 2 times in 6th and a low of 7th in the Covid affected season of 2019/20.

1 Like

And won fuck allā€¦

2 Likes

Would you not just quietly take the L and move on,
Itā€™s been a disaster, winners win, serial winners win everywhere, Conte is none of those things.

What L? Ye are fifth. Yeā€™re in the Champions League. Conte has won more in the Premier League in 3 seasons than Spurs have in 50 years. He was an ambitious appointment

2 Likes

Flirted with relegation before his time and now flirted with the big boys. Ultimately no end result both ways

Thereā€™s none so blindā€¦

It did. Sadly thereā€™s none so blindā€¦

Lookit mate, you carry on, you were right all along :man_shrugging:

The difficulty is this Director of Football, Paratici that Chairman Levy has entrusted footballing matters to these past few years. Thatā€™s the one big mistake that Chairman Levy has made. Paratici has appointed the last 3 managers - Mourinho, Nuno and Conte, all dour, defensive, negative managers who are alien to the attacking traditions of Tottenham Hotspur.

This Paratici is a pretty shady sounding character too. Heā€™s just been hit with a 2 and a half year ban from Italian soccer for his involvement in the latest Juventus scandal which has seen them docked 15 points.

Itā€™s bizarre behaviour in the extreme to go back on all those posts.

Look I WUM a bit. But Iā€™ll tell you what I think about this. Jurgen Klopp finished 8th in his first season and didnā€™t have a serious run at the title until his fourth year. But Liverpool fans, fans of one of the most successful clubs on earth, had patience with him and it delivered real success.

Conte has finished 4th in his first season, is currently 5th and in the knockout stages of the Champions league yet the Spurs fans, fans of a club that have won sweet fuck all for 50 years, cant wait to get him out the door.

2 Likes

Youā€™ve been incredibly patient here. Much more so than the spurs fans

1 Like

Itā€™s very easy to read your posts in isolation

If you havenā€™t been on the wind up I donā€™t know what to say, if you feel that heā€™s done a good job then thatā€™s an opinion I donā€™t agree with, thankfully the lads who sign the cheques agree with me
Supporting a football manager rather than a team is quite odd though

Appointed by and retained by Levy. Iā€™m on the outside looking in but I think the worst thing was levy getting this ball breaker reputation regarding transfers. I think it went to levys head and he started to believe his own publicity. He tried to bully a skint Villa into selling Grealish for 10 million when 20 probably would have got him.

1 Like

I dont support either. I just watch football. Conte has won two teams promotions from Serie B, Bari and Siena. Won the league three times with Juventus. Won the league with a Chelsea side that finished 10th the season before (leagues won since by Chelsea: zero). Won Serie A with Inter by a landslide.

Spurs have won nothing. But go sack him if yeā€™re not happy. He can go win trophies with someone else

2 Likes