Tottenham Hotspur, the Ryan Mason variant

Someone has played this beautifully. Conte or an agent.

Spurs will play with the handbrake off and qualify for the champions league and heā€™ll get two years if he wants them

I donā€™t get to make those sort of decisions, but itā€™s handy out to be judged on your history, Mourinho was a great manager too but not for that job,
I wish him well, just hope he leaves England as I donā€™t like looking at him

Conte inherited a squad at Chelsea that had won the league just 15 months earlier under Mourinho before downing tools the following season under Mourinho. Heā€™s dining out on that Chelsea league win in 2016/17 for a long time now.

Season 2 at Chelsea, Klopp and Guardiola started to flex their muscles and begin their era of dominance and Conte was nowhere. Failed to secure a Top 4 finish in 2017/18 and resigned in a huff.

The 2 seasons he had at Chelsea was the only top level, club managerial experience he had before coming to Spurs. He also has a very underwhelming record in European competition.

If I was Levy Iā€™d be throwing the chequebook at him and if I was a Spurs fan Iā€™d be calling for him to get whatever he wants.

1 Like

Easy to say when youā€™re not a Spurs fan, as I said, I donā€™t have a clue how real supporters feel about him but the football is just awful in comparison to the style of the top teams, and heā€™s got them going backwards at the moment, heā€™s not happy so let him off,

Would you say itā€™s worse than Nuno or Mourinho?

Spurs have the 3rd most goals in the league.

Their defence is shocking and Lloris has easily cost them 10 plus points.

2 Likes

Terrible smack of racism this crusade against Conte

1 Like

This arsehole again, Jesus wept

No answer. No surprise. spurs fans crave another nobody, or worse, a gangster like ā€˜Arry.

Sorry, wasnā€™t ignoring

They were all bad appointments in my opinion, I wouldnā€™t rank them,
I didnā€™t dislike Nuno as much as a person, Mourinho was toxic at the end

Who would you hire?

spurs managerial vacancy - serial winners need not apply

I donā€™t have a clue, I only know about English football

Give it to Ryan Mason til end of season

+1. Heā€™s been making costly blunders for about 3 years now. I remember thinking he was finished in 2019 when he made a howler for an Aaron Connolly goal. Theyā€™ve been linked with Raya from Brentford lately.

On the managerial conundrum, Levy broke from his usual modus operandi in the hope that a quick fix appointment like Jose or Conte would yield dividends but in reality the team is more unbalanced now than in its prime under Poch. They never adequately replaced players like Eriksen, Vertonghen, Aldeirweireld etc.

A project manager like Potter would probably have suited them. He may be available by the end of the season anyway. If Vincent Kompany had a progressive year in the Premier League with Burnley under his belt heā€™d be well worth a punt.

1 Like

Full backs left and right have been a problem area for them too. A lot of it comes from the midfielder they signed from Southampton. He canā€™t get across the ground and leaves gaps. Doesnā€™t get exposed as much when Bentancur plays.

1 Like

What arsehole are you referring to?

Whatā€™s Tim up to these days?

When you see how well Trippier is playing for Newcastle you think that they should have tried harder to keep hold of him in 2019. The left-back position was always a bit of a problem. Neither Danny Rose or Ben Davies were ever top class.