Trade Wars

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-10-18/who-has-the-world-s-no-1-economy-not-the-u-s

So you can’t debate so just post an article you google? This is Sidney levels of shit.

The only war the US would win is a nuclear war that would destroy both countries. They can’t even beat a load of lads living in caves in Afghanistan FFS

Christ almighty.

That’s Sidney levels of debate right there

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VMqcLUqYqrs

@Tim_Riggins is typing away furiously :popcorn:

That’s your second thought of yours you’ve fleshed out on this thread.

The first claimed China were about to overtake the US as the world’s premier super power.

Then you claimed the US military was worse than China’s.

Your ability to flesh out an argument has to be questioned.

What about naval power?
What about military bases?
What about soft power?

I could go on. You’re talking shite on here.

Ah the old “I was on a windup”.

After your nice little rant here. :grin:

It’s hard to engage in any discussion with someone who’s flailing around wildly.

Firstly you bizarrely pulled me up on using the word finally in relation to China surpassing the US.
Then you admitted China will obviously surpass the US and have a larger GDP, but claimed it still won’t surpass the US economically even though that contradicts the first part of your post.
Then you started on about Finance & the military presumably because you realised you were arguing against yourself already.
And now you are asking me about Naval bases, military bases and soft power.

All because I said China would surpass the US, a statement you yourself agreed with.

I’m not sure if you are rowing with me or yourself to be honest.

Julio you stated that China would “finally” pass the US, that makes it sounds as though they’re close. They aren’t.

I said they would ultimately pass them GDP wise, but that isn’t the sole determinent of economic power.

Secondly, there is the wider military and geopolitical aspects of being the world’s “number one super power” as you put it.

Good to see now you’ve got some confidence back and are walking back from the trolling angle. Your original post was nonsense, your follow ups were even worse. Do better next time.

Is your issue with the use of the word finally that they aren’t close or that they are relatively new?

This is dull even for you

GDP is literally a measurement of economic power. It’s nothing to do with being a determinant. It is literally a measurement. LITERALLY.

It’s two fold.

You said finally.

Then you seemed to have no idea of what would actually make them the number one super power.

You were talking nonsense.

Two responses in a row, fantastic.

Interesting as the one coherent argument you put forward (written by someone else on Bloomberg), claimed GDP wasn’t the determining factor.

If you’re going to copy and paste something, maybe have a read of it first.

Two responses in a row fantastic

No it said China is already ahead on everything bar GDP, you were the one who brought GDP in and you admitted they will surpass them on that too. Anything else?

Yep.

I’m happy to debate here.

You posted shite, got angry with a response questioning it, then posted bluster, then claimed you were trolling and then got back on track with rage posts.

Put together a coherent argument as to why China will finally overtake the US as the world’s number one super power because of this trade war.

It said GDP is misleading because of PPP.

Of course it is.

It is one indicator.

There is also average GDP and a whole host of metrics to measure economic power. Then there is the control of finance, natural resources etc

In order for China to become the number one economic power, they still need a greater degree of liberalisation.