Transfer Window - Summer 2008

It’s been in manys the paper over the last few days…

Tabloids mainly so that’s why I asked if ye lads knew if there was any truth in it…

Hadn’t read anything about Sheridan going anywhere. Can see the merit in it alright because he really needs games as he’s relatively raw but he is talented.

Lafferty has left the huns without agreeing terms yet. Apparently Gow didn’t agree terms with Burnley either.

According to BBC

Riise off to Roma for 5m

Sunderland bidding 10m for Aiden and also looking at Carlton Cole

Villa looking to sign David Bentley & Steve Sidwell

Arsenal after Raul Albidol

Steven Davis wants to stay with Rangers but Boro and Newcastle want him

Villa and Pool will have to pay 9m for Jimmy Milner if they want him

Fat Frank is in the middle of a Tug of War between Chelski and Inter

Wigan close to signing Ivan Klasnic on a free transfer

Spurs looking to offload Chimbonda to Villa and Kaboul to Pompey

[quote=“Mac”]According to BBC

Riise off to Roma for 5m

Sunderland bidding 10m for Aiden and also looking at Carlton Cole

Villa looking to sign David Bentley & Steve Sidwell

Arsenal after Raul Albidol

Steven Davis wants to stay with Rangers but Boro and Newcastle want him

Villa and Pool will have to pay 9m for Jimmy Milner if they want him

Fat Frank is in the middle of a Tug of War between Chelski and Inter

Wigan close to signing Ivan Klasnic on a free transfer

Spurs looking to offload Chimbonda to Villa and Kaboul to Pompey[/quote]

5 million is a bit much for risse but would take him
cant see Aiden leaving Celtic (especially to a non entity of a club)
Bentley going to villa isnt much of a step up from blackburn
cant see what lampard would bring to Inter
great move for Wigan with Klasnic though

brighi might be leaving us to join Celtic

Liked Brighi as a youngster but presume he’s not a regular with Roma these days is he? Not sure why Celtic would want him either (is he an attacking midfielder still?) unless it’s to play just behind the forwards.

Klasnic would be a cracking signing for anyone on a free transfer. Didn’t know he was out of contract but I’d have expected a bit more loyalty to Werder Bremen to be honest after everything he’s been through.

Aston Villa agree fee for Sidwell

Aston Villa have agreed to sign Steve Sidwell from Chelsea for 5.5 million (6.9 million).

Sidwell made only seven Premier League starts following his move from Reading last year and new Blues manager Luiz Felipe Scolari has deemed the midfielder surplus to requirements.

Villa boss Martin O’Neill has been keen to sign Sidwell for several months.

The 25-year-old would be a ready-made replacement for Gareth Barry if the England midfielder gets his wish to join Liverpool.

Sidwell played a major part in Reading establishing themselves in the Barclays Premier League two seasons ago before moving to Stamford Bridge last summer.

The former Arsenal trainee, who has also attracted interest from Manchester City, had limited opportunities under Jose Mourinho and then Avram Grant as Chelsea narrowly missed out on Premier League and Champions League glory.

[quote=“Pikeman”]Aston Villa agree fee for Sidwell

Aston Villa have agreed to sign Steve Sidwell from Chelsea for 5.5 million (6.9 million).

Sidwell made only seven Premier League starts following his move from Reading last year and new Blues manager Luiz Felipe Scolari has deemed the midfielder surplus to requirements.

Villa boss Martin O’Neill has been keen to sign Sidwell for several months.

The 25-year-old would be a ready-made replacement for Gareth Barry if the England midfielder gets his wish to join Liverpool.

Sidwell played a major part in Reading establishing themselves in the Barclays Premier League two seasons ago before moving to Stamford Bridge last summer.

The former Arsenal trainee, who has also attracted interest from Manchester City, had limited opportunities under Jose Mourinho and then Avram Grant as Chelsea narrowly missed out on Premier League and Champions League glory.[/quote]

Ridiculous price. Lost respect for the man when he left Reading to join the Chelsea reserves / Carling cup tem.

You lost respect? Where did the inital respect come from?

Actually, good point Flano!

Deco to Chelsea for 8m on a 2-year deal. He’s 30 now so haven’t offered him a really long contract - he’s still an excellent player though. It could see Lampard move on but Mourinho said he might run down the last year of his contract at Chelsea and then join Inter next summer on a Bosman.

Barcelona confirmed the Dani Alves deal too.

[quote=“Bandage”]Deco to Chelsea for 8m on a 2-year deal. He’s 30 now so haven’t offered him a really long contract - he’s still an excellent player though. It could see Lampard move on but Mourinho said he might run down the last year of his contract at Chelsea and then join Inter next summer on a Bosman.

Barcelona confirmed the Dani Alves deal too.[/quote]

I fucking hate Deco. He’s such a little prick.

I’d say Murinho could be playing mind games with Chelsea too as regards the price for Lampard. Gently reminding them they should accept what they are offering now or lose him for free at the end of next season.

Isn’t Lampard looking for a 5 year contract at chelsea? He’ll be 35 then, there’s no way he should get anything longer than a 3 year deal, especially for the kind of wages he’s looking for.

Agreed Runt, I believe the fat fella will be at Inter before the start of the season.

I see Le Tallec has finally got a permanent move away from Anfield, http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/7484928.stm. Fine player at underage level, the move to Anfield just wasn’t for him, should have got out a long time ago.

My beloved City are all set to sign Jo. We have so little luck with strikers I predict Jo to get a sex change half way through the season and become Joanne.

VILLA boss Martin O’Neill is set to make a shock swoop for Celtic’s former Wolves full-back Lee Naylor as he seeks to provide cover for Dutch international Wilfred Bouma.

And former Celtic favourite Shaun Maloney appears close to a return to his former club after becoming unsettled at Villa Park.

Naylor, 28, enjoyed a superb first season at Parkhead but struggled for form last season as Gordon Strachan’s side made it three titles in a row.

With just one year remaining on his contract he has decided to give the Premier League a second go following his experience with Dave Jones’ bottom-placed side in 2003/04.

Naylor would become O’Neill’s third signing from his former club, following Maloney 18 months ago and the arrival of Stiliyan Petrov two years ago, although he also took Chris Sutton and Didier Agathe on short-term deals.

Maloney has been courted by both Old Firm clubs, as well as Sunderland, but it appears Celtic have the edge.

Naylor made 334 appearances for Wolves in nine years and quickly established himself as a first-team regular

Capped at under-21 level for England, he was named on the shortlist for the Scottish Professional Footballers’ Association’s Player of The Year award in 2006/07.

Naylor will no doubt see a move to Villa as the chance to get back on track and push for international recognition.

Can’t stand him either and I’m a big Bara fan so glad to see him go.

in todays paper that robinho is on his way to chelsea for 25 million sterling…that seems a bit much…he is a good player if some-what inconsistent…you could buy a lot better player for that money…

newcastle have signed argentina winger jonas gutierrez from real mallorca

I see Barry’s been fined by Villa and told not to report for pre-season training. That’s all turned very sour. I think we might keep hold of Alonso yet and not sign Barry.

10 second update:

Chelsea have made an ‘astronomical’ offer for Kaka according to Milan. Inter are looking to negotiate for Fat Frank but Chelsea have said they don’t want to sell. Steve Finnan’s being mentioned as a makeweight in the Gareth Barry deal. Roy Keane has signed no cunt. Ronaldo’s ankle op might keep him out for 6 weeks and scupper a potential move to Real Madrid. Athletico Madrid have signed Gregory Coupet from Lyon.

That’s what I would prefer to see happening but it looks like the deal could be going through with Finnan going the other way. Barry is a sideways step from Alonso IMHO. Alonso played decent whenever he was involved at the Euros.

Any money available would be better spent on a striker

Not sure if there is any reason why Ronaldo’s injury could scupper a move. If it’s going to happen the injury won’t stop it, and if it’s not going to happen then it won’t be due to the injury.