Travel agents and airlines: Cunts

They won’t make money like that. They’ll improvise masks or something

the prices will be put up to cover it, the days of 20 pound to London are over, it will 140

Good. London is a kip anyway

2 Likes

50% of airlines revenue is people travelling for business related reasons

Immunity passports

Pre flight screening/actual testing completed

Post flight screening/actual testing completed

Masks on board

Limited food options - probably pre flight purchase

Hammer restrictions on regions where there is a breakout. There will likely be minimum expected testing regimen and contact tracing in place. Perhaps a test the day before flying will suffice along with screening at the airport.

Probably more ideas to come from some clever people on this.

The economics are going to be really tough though.

I don’t think it’ll go that far. People are still flying now without those checks.

Gonna be tough for the airlines. I’d imagine they’ll need bailouts or will go to the wall.

I may never see Oireland again.

2 Likes

Maybe not, but they are options to get flight loads back up. At the moment it really is only essential travelers so we know the volume is low.

People will have to accept degree of risk though.

I’m concerned about the US, we go back and forth.

You could cycle.

Ok this is the deal with me.

I’m not making this up, I was due to go on a cruise with 5,500 other tourists and 3000 crew starting in Venice Northern Italy in June.

Tomorrow is the last day for payment of the final amount and Royal Caribbean haven’t cancelled the cruise. So rather than paying the final amount, I am cancelling and accepting a voucher from them for the amount paid to date, €165.

I booked through Trailfinders and they will give me a voucher for the deposit I paid to them that I can set against any future holiday I book with them.

As regards the flights I can change these to any Aer Lingus flight within Europe where the flights are currently listed. So out to next Easter.

It’s not great but it’s not a disaster though I am now taking a credit risk on three entities.

2 Likes

I could. The wife couldn’t .

Them lads do be bitter cos they had to emigrate to get a job. They’d hate to see the J1 lads coming over with job prospects back in Ireland after they leave college. They give it Billy Big Bollox when they come home for their 2 week break but cry their eyes out on the plane back to the foreign job.

Perfect

Same in London. Always get an English ganger man I was told.

Irish airports are finished, Dublin might barely survive with a vastly reduced demand

They can stick their third terminal up their holes now

2 Likes

And the white elephant new runway

That’s a result

I’d prefer cash but I suppose I’ll travel again.