Closed topic

Id like to think I’d take the candidate on their merits if I was an employer.

But not if they were offering you a blowjob?

1 Like

Naturally, but I know my late mam would have ran me and any travelling woman I was with out the gap, 2of my brothers had a lash off a few of them in Tralee one time, by all accounts nice girls

2 Likes

As I said I’d take the candidate on all their various merits

1 Like

They have an 80% unemployment rate, would there be any other ethnic group in the world with a worse rate? But I suppose it’s all someone else fault.

1 Like

They were all bullied in school.

I’m not familiar with the stats mate, you’re probably right, but there’s a lot of reasons for that , I’m sure you’re aware,
20% is poor enough but I’m sure it will surprise others that it’s even as high as that

I don’t want a row, I’ve never had an issue with you and I won’t be turned
I think that a significant minority of travellers are toxic in our society but their treatment (whole community) is scandalous, and it’s widely accepted by the educated classes which is more the pity

2 Likes

No problem mate, no issues from me and it’s ok to have a difference of opinion. I just think this pandemic as really shown them in a terrible light. They have no interest in conforming. A family was given a house close to me, house party NYE, family and friends calling to the door and staying over every second day. They basically do what they want.

4 Likes

See you’re judging all travellers off the back of the actions of one family. That’s the problem.

Settled people have had parties too and not given a fuck about others.

1 Like

No I’m not.

@EstebanSexface had a concrete block smashed over his noggin by a traveller and this enlightened him to how unfairly ostracized they are by society.

I played gaelic, hurling and soccer with a load of them, yet to meet a sound one but I’m in the @Arthur camp and judge every person on their individual merits so I live in hope.

That incident made me hate and fear all travellers, I was a racist and I was very wrong

Becoming friends with Travellers has made me see the error of my ways and seeing some of the treatment some of these good people get, because a minority of them are bad, is just plain wrong.

Noone here will convince me otherwise

3 Likes

Ok mate, you sound like you’ve stockholm syndrome but good luck to you

1 Like

And you sound like you’re a racist, hey ho, I’d rather my one

That’s also true

If judging everyone on their merits makes me racist, I’ll allow it

1 Like

What do the lads your pals with think of the criminal element and the ones who go around causing havoc? Would they be related to the lads feuding etc?

I know of a fella who married a traveller. Bigger traveller than she is now.