Travellers

More culture Iā€™d guess

1 Like

Do you get how stupid that statement is? Replace travellers in that sentence with French people. Is it valid to dislike all French people because of your one negative encounter with a French person?

No.

1 Like

A very disturbing post that got a lot of likes.

The problem is that thereā€™s more than a small minority thatā€™s have no respect for the settled community or the law. The greatest opponents of Traveller education are travellers themselves. They look down on any Traveller that tries to get an education or job. A lot of myths about them being bullied in schools which is utter horseshit, they do the bullying. In my lifetime Iā€™ve witnessed multiple incidents of travellers attacking or intimidating people but none of the reverse.

As a community they seem to be more interested in bringing solicitors around to pubs hoping to get refused drink instead of educating their children.

10 Likes

Heā€™s only playing up to his newfound edgy persona. Donā€™t mind him.

Iā€™ll disagree with you on a couple of points, travellers are most definitely very often the victims of what could be perceived as bullying in schools,
Because you said ā€˜never in my lifeā€™ Iā€™ll talk about my own schooldays, I was in primary and secondary school with lots of travellers, they were abused, called disgusting names and often spat on and beaten up for no particular reason, in short they were looked down on, there was fuck all I could do about it as a child but I found most of them to be decent fellas,
Now I see it happening in my own school as well, we have travellers and settled travellers and they have to listen to similar stuff that the kids are bringing in from the parents, I teach a fella with a notorious surname but heā€™s only a child, heā€™s no shrinking violet but when he resorts to the fists itā€™s usually justified from what heā€™s been listening to. Iā€™ve found his parents to be decent people in my dealings with them, heā€™s in school every day and theyā€™re supportive towards anything weā€™d put in place.

Thereā€™s a fair bit of truth in your post but I still think that the general acceptance of what is racism in my opinion (donā€™t worry about semantics if the word racism) is a blight on this fine forum

11 Likes

That never happened

1 Like

I believe him.

I respect your right to believe him.

You left out the #

I donā€™t like French people, largely because of a prick I lived with in college, if that helps?

3 Likes

I donā€™t like Cork people

3 Likes

More pikey culture

1 Like

I donā€™t like ā€œsomeā€ Limerick ppl either

Thread.

Iā€™ve been saying it for years, the greyhound tracks should be doubling up as sulkie racing tracks. The bookies would do some turnover those nights :joy: Obviously a chance the greyhound track would be destroyed but you wouldnā€™t even notice in most of them if it was. Itā€™s a big thing in Sweden actually, a variant of sulkie racing

2 Likes

Most people hate French people in fairness.

1 Like

The guards are doing their best apparently, theyā€™re hands are tied by top brass and under funding and under staffing and and and

3 Likes

The Guards are so flat out they are letting every pub in Killarney operate without a late licence