Travellers

It will take somebody to be killed and the Gardai being embarrassed and then weā€™ll have rolling road blocks.

:joy:

https://twitter.com/TopClarke/status/1230245590346412033?s=19

2 Likes

Going by @ciarancareyshurlingarmy post they were able to deploy tens of guards to a checkpoint on the same stretch for a few hours earlier.

Youā€™ll have that Niall Oā€™Connor clown quoted above defending the guards to the hilt and blame lack of resources, but itā€™s more likely lack of will. It was the same with everything, the guards will claim to be tackling an issue, until eventually some completely unacceptable high profile incident happens and they are suddenly able to make progress in the cases.

why do people that are socially excluded behave in a way that isnt acceptable to society?

Why donā€™t they behave in a way that would make them socially inclusive?

6 Likes

If they wernt treated like shit I think they would

If they didnā€™t treat halting sites like rubbish tips and didnā€™t rob normal Joe Soaps they wouldnā€™t be treated like shit

2 Likes

100 PC correct

Weā€™re ok with you joining the tennis club, mate.

2 Likes

He can get the boat club staff members discount

1 Like

Itā€™s handy for lads to have an acceptable outlet for their racism anyway

2 Likes

Iā€™ve a reason for my dislike of travellers. Someone close to me was badly injured after he crashed into a loose pony, which was known to belong to a local family. When the guards called to the door, they abdicated all responsibility.

Whatā€™s racist about stating that they engage in animal abuse, for example?

2 Likes

ā€œItā€™s my culture so I can follow whatever laws I want and anyone who says differently is a racistā€

10 Likes

Criminality and lawlessness masquerading as cultureā€¦boss

3 Likes

Thereā€™s no issue with anybody denouncing criminality and thereā€™s no doubt but that an element of travellers are indeed scumbags of the highest order, but I have an issue with the all encompassing hate speech that is tolerated and even encouraged here, didnā€™t somebody recently suggest that they should all be torched in their caravans?

4 Likes

Anyone who says theyā€™d have no problem with a Halting site popping up beside them is a liar.

6 Likes

Whoever said that was obviously guilt of hate-speech on an extreme level.

I have an issue with criminality being excused as ā€œcultureā€ and subsequently being defended as a result

2 Likes

More culture Iā€™d guess

1 Like

Do you get how stupid that statement is? Replace travellers in that sentence with French people. Is it valid to dislike all French people because of your one negative encounter with a French person?

No.

1 Like

A very disturbing post that got a lot of likes.