Travelling to Dooblin this weekend

just bought it on amazon.

expect a good will hunting-style skewering once i’ve digested it.

[quote=“treaty_exile”]just bought it on amazon.

expect a good will hunting-style skewering once i’ve digested it.[/quote]

Have a look at what they’re replying to as well, Newman and Kenworthy (1989). A better article entirely in my opinion.

They really should market the pulling potential of rail travel. How many times in his life would Bandage say have a bird sitting opposite him for two, maybe three hours?

Do Garda interviews count?

:clap:

Ah lovely. :clap:

Sunday nights in Limerick Junction gave me some of the most depressing times of my life.

Time for an anecdote, I went down to Portlaoise to watch Wexford minors hurl there on a Wednesday evening in June or July. I had an entire carriage to myself on the way back and that’s the Limerick - Dublin train. Now, I know I smell but I couldn’t believe it. About 8 people got off the train in Heuston.

The train is a lovely way to travel. The problem is you are stuck beside this stranger so if early in the conversation they turn out to be a nutter there is no escape.

apart from moving seats:rolleyes:

That’s just ignorant

It’s always nice to spot a good looking woman on a train reading a decent book. Of course by the time you spot this you’ve already sat down a few seats away and spend the rest of the trip trying to orchestrate a plausible way of moving seats so you can sit across from her without coming across as the psycho you undoubtably are.

Seven of us decided to book seats on the train down to Galway once on a weekend away. So there was one odd seat in the set where a bird with massive jabs decided to sit.

I don’t know how she managed it but she managed not to make any eye contact with any of the three of us in the seat beside her. Grand - I just stared at her chest.

You didn’t strike up a cheery conversation Farmer?

Hello. I was sitting over there but now I’m here. Yes I am a lunatic, how did you guess?

http://image36.webshots.com/36/1/47/21/2178147210060228815Rrgwqh_ph.jpg

No, not at all mental.

I got chatting to a bird on the train down one Friday evening and she invited me to not bother gettting off at Limerick Junction and to go onto Cork with her for the night where she was going for a night out. I politely declined.

Was she mental?

Do you normally bottle it in situations like this? No wonder Askeaton are still junior.

This one was a bitch SS.

She made no attempt to even look at us.

Still - her loss.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]This one was a bitch SS.

She made no attempt to even look at us.

Still - her loss.[/quote]

Maybe she was shy?

Exactly. It would appear to me that Farmer and his drooges made no attempt to include this nice girl in their conversation, which was probably exceptionally low brow in any case. Of course she’s written off as stuck up now.