TV Rights, best avoided

The game was also available on Sky Sports and BBC NI, channels both widely available in Ireland and with proper English language commentary. You are pointing to one game. TG4’s viewership isn’t widely available because they won’t pay the bucks to get it all published. I could just as easily point to other games where the Pro12 beat it out.

The Pro12 is mentioned as one of TG4’s key ratings drivers, not the National League, last month;

No one watched it on sky sports. Only an 18k average viewership in the whole of the UK for their show piece event. Abysmal.

How does the 250k odd watching the game in pubs around the country factor into TV ratings?

The UK isn’t Ireland pal. Barb viewership is not Irish viewership. Do keep up.

That’s usually true, but with the obvious exception of the Ulster final, which is a bigger and more important occasion than an All-Irish final.

1 Like

That’s why I said in the whole of the UK. The Irish figure isn’t much better considering it was two Irish teams involved.

We are talking about ratings in Ireland. Not the UK. You don’t know what you’re talking about here.

The Women’s Rugby World Cup final in U.K. probably got better figures than the All Ireland finals in hurling and Gaelic football combined across the two islands. So what.

1 Like

The geniuses in charge of collecting this info haven’t figured out that one yet. Private homes only.
http://www.tamireland.ie/about/faq

Pubs all over the country are packed on AI final day ffs…you can add another million to that figure earlier…thousands watching on big screens in WT and GW. I’d say the real figure is just over 2.5m.

1 Like

Of course, GGA fans are the only ones who go to pubs.

:rollseyes:

No the rugby crowd send their foot soldiers to the pub too to make sure people are respecting the kicker

5 Likes

Big time. 100% of TFK posters watched the match on Sunday and half the posters here claim to hate the game. Real figure is probably closer to 3m.

If you factor in streaming and radio I’d say the real figure is closer to 4million

2 Likes

Mrs Appendage and 4 of her mates didn’t watch it and one of was oblivious to it being on.

@Tim_Riggins loves to present an argument based on inaccurate data. You could say it’s a little tradition of his.

Dublin pubs don’t show it ffs

What’s the inaccurate data?

That’s a lie.

Ratings figures not taking account of people watching the game on TV outside of their home

Dont allign yourself to the gahliban mate. You are urbane now