TV Rights, best avoided

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

You haven’t added one thing to this thread, not one fact or point, just brown nosed at one stage which was fairly embarrassing to be honest. Are you sure you dont need to type out another weird leaving announcement

I’d say Tim is absolutely seething that @maroonandwhite got involved

1 Like

What metric have you that the rugby team are most popular?

I put up this

Ouch, no argument whatsoever so personal insults now. So easily beaten

You’re the best internetter in the wuddled

1 Like

The argument was never about best supported

Are you still here? Best attended, games most watched on tv. Is there another metric

So you just feel they are most popular. Youve nothing to back this up. You just feel it. Riiiight

That would be the gaa then, Did you read the article?

‘The gaa’ isnt a team. God help us.

Ok, the Dublin footballers are then. By a long long way

You are not worth the energy, you are far too simple im afraid. Jog on

You’re claiming metrics that don’t exist to prove your point horse.

What was your point earlier about personal insults.

What metrics dont exist?

Its not an insult. Its an observation looking at your arguments, the total of which, you admit, is a link to a balls.ie article!

I think the Irish rugby team sold out every game they played this year. Did dublin sell out any? The NZ game was the highest viewed sporting event on tv. Im just terrified of whats to come to back up your observation dublin are by a ‘long long way’

The Dublin v Galway semi final this year attracted an attendance of over 57 thousand(more than the capacity of aviva). Most of which were Dubs. Final sold out around 80k.

80k at the semi and final last year.

That’s box office mate.

But you have to go by averages. Sure the rugby could have sold 150k tickets to the NZ game (a rarity i know) also the aviva was at capacity several times, with very little away support, croker was maybe once with a huge tyrone crowd. Its no argument to say there was 57k at the semi final, you can more accurately say the stadium wasnt 3/4s full. Which cant be said about a rugby game this year.

I’m sure the Dubs could have sold similar to the hill for an AI final. They’re makey uppey numbers lad. You’ve pulled that 150k figure out of your hole.

So now percentage of capacity is relevant?

It’s very hard to tell the level of away support in rugby because it isn’t segregated

Basing my estimates on availability of resale tickets, price of same.

There was very little away support in the autumn rugby games. Some in the 6 nations but nothing compared to the tyrone support

Capacity is very relevant, as the rugby team were at capacity every single time. From that you could certainly argie they could have sold more tickets. Cant say that about the dubs bar possibly the all ireland.