Tv Shows & Mini Series (Part 1)

Mr. Robot S4 is back to the quality of S1, great show. Sam Esmail is the best TV director out there right now.

The first half an hour of the first episode of the new series was outstanding.

1 Like

Dublin Murders was on BBC the last few nights. Starting on RTE tonight. Was ok. Enough to keep you interested for next week anyway

The fact its on BBC in a Monday nt slot prob a reflection of quality

Why is that? Is Monday night a graveyard slot?

Not really id say but they put all the best shows they make on sunday nights e.g Line of Duty, the bodyguard etc

Was there BBC in Kanturk back in the day, Dan?

Finally got around to watching this. A grand show. The priest is the highlight.

1 Like

Dublin Murders has started well. Nice mystery

I watched it while working like a mug and conducting INTERNET battles with choco and the infamous. There’s a lot going on and I’m absolutely lost. The lead actress is smoking though (cc @glasagusban).

1 Like

It must be sponsored by Benson and Hedges

I’m watching the first episode of Dublin Murders now, seems like it has potential but trying a little too hard.

Just watched the first episode meself there. Seems a fairly by-the-numbers police procedural, yer man Varys hamming it up in the old skool Superintendent role for example. Was dreadfully worried it was going to turn into some class of Werewolf supernatural yokeymebob for a minute or two in the middle.

I think it’s quite good.

I had no idea that was Varys, think he’s quite a weak character in it and far too much overdone.

Anybody watch Giri/Hagi? Ad there on BBC looks decent.

Did ye get this on RTE player lads or what? I missed the second episode, went to bed after the first, and couldn’t find it earlier in the player and sky planner were only offering the option to record future episodes.

Both of the first two episodes are up on RTÉ Player.

1 Like

Finally got to see Chernobyl. Straight into my top 5. Unbelievable

1 Like

Lots of people raved about it but it wouldn’t be in my top 10 of TV shows i’ve seen. Having all the Chernobyl residents and workers have cockney rhyming accents destroyed it for me personally.

1 Like

I think it’s better than them having put on Russian/generic Eastern European accents.

I watched it all in one sitting then rewatched it again a few days later. I’d happily watch it again now.

Watching euphoria on sky Atlantic now. Not holding back on tackling a few big issues anyway.

1 Like