Tv Shows & Mini Series (Part 1)

I started watching the Thick of It, but have have abandoned mid way through season 2. The Scottish press officer character is such a cnut, I can’t watch it.

On a side note, Normal People passed my by. I don’t think it’s aimed at my demographic perhaps. 40+. Same with Love Hate. I never got these programmes at all.

I saw that a few years back … it was good… tried watching season 2 but it wasnt holding.

No.

Nothing like it — equivalent of a GP not sure if she’s losing her mind or if her husband is up to no good.

Yep, everyone of them are dicks. Great show

1 Like

It basically shows the absolute carnage deliberate and sustained cheating in a relationship has on everyone involved, the one being cheated on, kids and even the cheater himself.

It touches upon the fact that often cheating is hereditary in families and can consume people in a selfish sex addiction, thrill seeking type way that can be very destructive for everyone involved., much like any addition.

1 Like

Fair enough pal … it was two years ago - who can remember a tv show from that far back?

I’ve just finished it bro.

Jodie Comer from Killing Eve is in it as the other woman. You can see the guy’s predicament.

2 Likes

Finished season 2 of Succession last night. While I enjoyed it to a point I was a bit disappointed with it tbh.

Lads anyone know where one could Watch g. O. T online. Daughters half way through it and wants to watch the rest

Now tv maybe if it was on Sky Atlantic

Why did it stop? You could download it as a torrent.

She’s watching it on TV rerun… Wants to binge I’d say… Is there a website of anything

Legally or illegally? Sockshare and loads of other of those types of websites would have it illegally. Now TV have it legally

The 2nd option

Finally got around to watching “Czernobyl” over the last few nights. Superb series. Great bit of nostalgia to see those old buildings. Great acting performances from Stellan Starsgard, Emily Watson and Limerick’s Jared Harris.

Just finished that also and was thinking how well kept those cities looked, flowers everywhere, nice playgrounds for kids and spotless streets, in Cork in 1986 you’d be climbing trees and avoiding chalky dogshit

Don’t they have the tower blocks anymore where you live? Most of Hungary still looks like that

Great show though, the guy in charge on the night is one of the greatest TV villains of all time

4 Likes

The Pripyat/Czarnobyl part was filmed in Wilno (Vilnius). Was there about twenty years ago and there was miles of blocks like that. In Krakow if you go to the Nowa Huta district it is identical. Nowa Huta was built as a new city in the 1950’s to the east of Krakow to support the Lenin Steelworks. The steelworks had its own hospitals, schools etc. The best maternity hospital in Krakow is inside the steelworks, some of my kids were born there. You’ll see those blocks in every city in Eastern Europe. The residential areas were well equipped with green spaces, playgrounds, swimming pools etc. Newer private developers of course don’t think about things like that. Whatever about the radiation, the amount of fags they smoked would have killed them all anyway.

7 Likes

It’s the best mini series of all time if you ask me. Superb acting throughout and thankfully, they didn’t all feel the need to throw on a fake “Russian” accent during it.

I agree with the performance of Dyatlov. Among the best villainous acting displays I’ve ever seen

1 Like

The first episode might be the greatest television of all time. The tension. Unreal

2 Likes

Treadstone on Amazon Prime - a Jason Bourne spin-off - is tremendous action packed fun.

2 Likes