Tv Shows & Mini Series (Part 1)

Has he a conscience?

Is hypnotising a man to be able to kill Con science

Staking your tfk rep on a show with a 44% rating on rotten tomatoes? Brave move, let’s see how this plays out.

1 Like

Great repeated use of the more regional Czernobyl rather than the Westernized Chernobyl

5 Likes

It gave the post a great sense of authority.

1 Like

I took it very seriously once I spotted that.

I enjoyed this

Cheers. I slipped in a sly Wilno as well.

1 Like

If it’s anything like his taste in music, the rotten tomatoes rating will be about right.

2 Likes

I’ve been watching Bosch on the recommendations here. The first season was pretty meh but it has been really good from the second season on. I finished the 5th season last night.

It reminds me of the very underrated Southland.

The guy who plays @mac’s Dad in It’s Always Sunny is a tremendous actor.

3 Likes

Season 3 of Dark streaming on Netflix today. I found Season 1&2 very enjoyable. Ya have to be sober for it mind you.

1 Like

The new Sinner isn’t bad.

Bill Pullman really is a class actor.

3 Likes

Yep , previous ones were good

I started watching this with herself having not seen the first two seasons - he’s an interesting character, fairly at odds with the usual lead in a TV series. Would I have missed much backstory in the first two seasons?

No - not at all. Each series is different. This series is the first that goes into Pullman’s back story in any detail.

1 Like

I have been rewatching Fargo on Netflix. A very underrated series in the grand scheme of things. The middle four episodes of season one and the second half of season two are excellent. Season one has a huge amount of metaphors-hidden within it while season two has a lot of symbols which it never really gets to the bottom of.

Billy Bob Thornton gives a real Tour de France as the earnest villain in season one. It’s almost unsettling watching him go about his business.

7 Likes

The Icelandic show Trapped is a grand aul yarn, a slightly less good Bron/Broen. A solid 7.5/10. Available on Prime.

The last season is two or three years old at this stage surely, are they planning another or is that it? I liked the format, where each season is standalone, but with a few minor links to the others.

Think I read another season was being shot but covid put a halt to it.

Or that might be entirely made up.

Choose which you wish to believe.

Kony2020

New series in production. Covid halted it is correct. Chris Rock main man in it. Jason Schwartzman in it too I think

1 Like