Tv Shows & Mini Series (Part 2)

3 Likes

Just finished Beef. Very enjoyable. Quirky but not too much and some fairly fucked up and funny scenes.

2 Likes

I thought its still tryjng to decide whether it wants to be a frasier or cheers vibe and only intermittently good at either.

Grammer is still frasier though but im hoping an injection of roz will liven it up a bit.

All that said, the tributes to john omahony were genuinely heartfelt and pulled af the heartstrings

It sure as shit escalates on a weekly basis. Not sure about the ending mind you.

Iā€™ve only watched 2 episodes so far and am not enthused, felt like parts of it were written by AI. Maybe I need to give it more of a chance.

Yeah they shouldā€™ve ended it at the 2nd last episode. I was surprised when the next episode button came up at the end of episode 9.

1 Like

Only finished the 2nd series recently after giving up after going cold on it after 2 episodes. The rest of it was brilliantly written and all came together nicely. Marvellous show.

I think you mean The Bear mate. Beef only had one season.

This is true.

Restaurant is called ā€˜Beefā€™, my bad.

Easy mistake to make, and one I made myself initially. I started watching Beef following the rave reviews of The Bear.

1 Like

Was!

3 Likes

https://x.com/Jords_Hi/status/1717050786939588894?t=iiec_sZHdLrrZ7WGSYq0uw&s=08

Gotti doc series on Netflix is decent enough

Excellent. Well made, great cast, incredibly likeable protagonists.

Brilliant.

The second season is gonna be shite isnā€™t it?

1 Like

Thatā€™s a lieā€¦

2 Likes

Nice.

Poker Face really is an incredible show though. It exists on so many levels. You can have your Murder She Wrote/Columbo if you want, but thereā€™s so much else going on there too. And the guest cast is out of this world. Iā€™d say there are people falling over themselves to be on it. They get the first 20 minutes purely to themselves, brilliantly written and directed by some of the best in the business.

Spoilers for E08 - The Orpheus Syndrome [The Lucas Film Connections]

There were so many references in this it made me do some digging. Did anyone else notice the blatant hatchet job on Kathleen Kennedy in The Orpheus Syndrome? I wasnt sure, but when you look at it its all there - LAM doubling for ILM, Kennedy the obvious Laura character who kills Arthur (Art). It seem Arthur doubles for Phil Tippett, who became extinct midway through Jurassic Park when both he and Spielberg saw the early CGIā€™s, Tippett is an advisor on the episode even. Max is a double then for Kennedys Producer husband Frank Marshall. Rian didnt hold back on his evisceration of Lucas Film and how he was treated on the excellent Last Jedi.

Safe to say heā€™ll never be going back to make that trilogy.

1 Like

I had this on series link and went there to view Sundayā€™s episode.

Turns out the last episode, the fourth, was the last of the season which is a bit shit to be honest.

Balls. Was really enjoying it, brilliant series. Was looking forward to the backdrop story episode of the Scottish head waiter lad. Be a while, uhm, waitingā€¦

Started into banshee recently. Starts out a bit disjointed but has loads of action and pretty women. Very watchable

2 Likes

Rome is an outstanding series. Probably in my all time Top 5.

A shame they only made two seasons.

3 Likes