Tv Shows & Mini Series (Part 2)

Just finished episode 3. I didnā€™t realise it was a true story. Itā€™s very well done but seriously fucked up

1 Like

Did anyone start The Sympathizer?

Yeah. Sometimes you have to ask yourself am i actually enjoying this?

1 Like

5 episodes into A Gentleman in Moscow with Ewan MacGregor. Very enjoyable. Ewan is excellent.

Whatā€™s it about again? I saw that but thought it spunded far fetched so left alone.

From Rotten Tomatoes. It probably sounds a bit far fetched but it works.

Based on the 2016 novel by Amor Towles, ā€œA Gentleman in Moscowā€ is set against the backdrop of post-Revolutionary Russia, where Count Alexander Rostov is stripped of his title and material wealth, and placed under house arrest for life in a grand Moscow hotel. Unlikely friendships, fleeting romance and the hotelā€™s occupants open the Countā€™s eyes to the hidden wonders of the hotel, and the enduring power of human connection. After losing everything, he must learn that true riches are found in love, courage and community.

This is the bleakest fucking thing Iā€™ve ever seen.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve the book here I want to read before i watch it.

1 Like

Agree. Absolutely grim

+1
Very good if you like dark slow noir type shows. Andrew Scott is indeed unreal. Definitely one the best shows new to Netflix for a while.

1 Like

Irelandā€™s Colin Farrell currently has a noir style show airing.

Sugar? Heard it was good

Itā€™s weird alrightā€¦just 30 minutes an episode i think. The wife Skylar from breaking bad is in it, as is our 2nd favourite red head from the Wire among a few other well known heads. What was shaping up to be a simple who dun it, now looks like itā€™s about to get a whole lot deeper on Farrell and his past and his enemies.

1 Like

Substitute Hotel for rehab facility and itā€™s not !

Iā€™ve watched the first five episodes - figured it might be poor and watched it to see how bad it was but pleasantly surprised so far.

It grows as it tips along

Only just finished Shōgun. Enjoyed it immensely. Is it in the Band of Brothers level of mini-series? Probably not. But itā€™s fantastic viewing.

The bit where that aul advisor lad commits suicide to try get a reaction out of Toranaga and realises the cunt has a plan all along was sensational television.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Iā€™m still not sure what to make of this thingā€¦ Itā€™s batshit at times. Robbie Downey plays about 5 parts in it.

Shogun spoilers below

Wasnt him doing that a part of the plan? Sacrificing himself helped to sell Toranagaā€™s crafty scheme to honchos in Osaka.