TV Tonight

Sure RTÉ themselves pretty much revealed the final shot of the episode in their disclaimer before the show started.

2 Likes

Fair enough. I haven’t seen a single minute of either season but it wasn’t in my plans to see it either.

Could ye spoiler the last 30 posts there please lads?

We don’t all watch live TV.

Nicky Brennan looking slack jawed in the audience there on the Katie Hannon show

Donal Ryan being interviewed by John Kelly on RTE

Apparently season 3 is already filmed and they have signed off on season 4 to be filmed in next few months

That was a funny scene there with a drunken Bren banging on Birdie’s bedroom door in the last episode of Kin.

He is shouting all sorts of expletives as he can’t get in due to the door being locked. Birdie then threatens him that she is calling Michael.

‘Do you think I give a fuck about him, or any of ye’s?!!’

‘Shower of cunts!!’

(He begins to withdraw)

‘Cunts!’

(Then a barely audible…)

‘Shower of bastards!!’

1 Like

Bren had to go I think but not sure how they’ll be able to replicate a season as good as that

Is Kin the new Love Hate?

Thanks to the split season it seems like more people were watching Kin on Sunday nights than The Sunday Game.

Be interesting to see the viewing figures cc @BruidheanChaorthainn

It’s the new Sopranos

1 Like

It’s also partly due to The Sunday Game being a load of auld shite and not really doing anything to better itself. I’ve given up on making an effort to watch it.

@Cheasty or someone will know more but I doubt RTE would have ever had a big show like Love/Hate going up against The Sunday Game when it ran from May to September.

I think they have some new Drama now starting this Sunday night at 9.30pm too.

The biggest drama series RTE have ever run was Roddy Doyle’s Family. I’m trying to work out in my head when exactly it ran.

It ran on RTE and BBC in May 1994, but I don’t think in the same time slot. I’m sure one of the time slots was Sunday night at 9pm. RTE had the 9 O’Clock news so that must have been BBC. But BBC had the 9 O’Clock news as well at that time? Or maybe the news was at a different time on Sunday. I think it might have been.

I’ve a notion Family ran on RTE on a Monday night. I also had it in my head that it started the weekend Senna got killed. But that couldn’t be the case, because I know exactly what I was doing that night and the following night, when Jimmy White blew the World Snooker title missing a black off its spot in the final frame.

Maybe it started the following Monday on RTE.

OK, I think I have it now. It started on Sunday, May 8th, 1994 at 9:30pm on RTE. And I think BBC ran it at 9pm, but one week behind. Not a Monday.

BUT: In those days the Sunday Game was at 8pm and finished up around 9:27pm. So Family would have started just after the Sunday Game finished up. The final episode would have been shown on RTE 1 just after the Sunday Game highlights programme featuring Derry v Down in Celtic Park finished up. On BBC1 you could have watched the third episode of Family at 9pm and then hung around for the BBC Championship highlights of Derry v Down.

Chips don’t bounce

Where’s me rag?

The very last pew pew pew didn’t come as a surprise to you when and how it happened?

Lads are at it over in the tv series thread too about Succession. Cunts can’t wait to blab, no time to add a spoiler

I must download that now seeing as it’s finished.
That’s as far as I got. Stopped reading then…

Dublin legends team (and Eamonn Fennell) beat the boys from the Joy there. Probably a tougher test than some of Alan Brogan and MDMA’s later Leinster Finals truth be told.

5 Likes