Tv3

TV3, the country’s, nay, the the worlds worst TV station.

Okay, it’s linked with ITV who are brutal in their own right, but the programmes they show; it’s TV for people who live in council houses, who are on minimum wage and spend at least 3 nights a week in a pub, possibly with their 7 kids on Sunday afternoons drinking Fosters/Carling.

I went on the website to research this article, to show you the programming they are putting on every weekday night between 8 and 11pm.

http://www.tv3.ie/listings.php

They can’t even do that right. Suffice to say “my kids won’t stop eating”, “Half tonne woman”, “Half tonne man”, *“I’m a fat fook and and I can’t stop eating because I’m a fat fook” and “I married my sister who’s a fat fooking Munter” is just not good enough to be putting out around primetime tv time.

Plus Trevor Welsh is the worst sports presenter ever. Did you ever hear the fooker pronounce “the New England Patriots”, he says Pate-rots for Patriots. Langer!!! Met him out once or twice in Cork back in the day when I’d be out, used to give him some roasting. Fat Fook!

*Okay I made these last two up but I’m not far off.

I totally agree with you there locke. TV3 is the pits. I generally steer clear of it, unless they have champions league or something on that no other channel has. But even that is crap with messrs Bonner, Aldridge etc… Next they’ll give Paul “Bainisteoir” Collins a programme of his own. Presumably it’ll be of the half tonne man variety… Fat fook…

yeah its a shite channel in fairness with a lot of shite programming for brain dead people. Idont know if anyone here follows that banged up abroad thing, and no qualms if you do, but I think it has to be the worst idea for a show going. Lets glorify drug dealers/carriers who get caught in a really strict country. Trying to make people feel pity for them. I have only seen this in parts on 2 occasions, so it may not be always like that, but the 2 ones I saw were and just thought what the fuck is this about.

And christ do I hate those celeb programs they always have. Whats that thing on around 6 or so mid week? Some celeb gossip thing with that AA Ireland one. Just pontificates over our Z list celebrities here and creates a false image for the likes of the Indo to keep it stirring. Absolute losers who do nothing and achieve nothing being made celebs for the sake of it.

And some of their better programs they have on at all hours because it doesnt suit their style of programing. Sports highlights are always closer to midnight, with Eircom League, and they had American football too last year but it barely even registered with anyone as it was on at some ungodly hour and with no advertising.

Still cant think of that celeb show thing and your ones name. Lorraine Keane, thats it. Christ its a horrible show to have to watch.

Paul “Bainsiteoir” Collins is the greatest fooking eijit I’ve ever met. He knows a friend of mine and we were out a few years back in Cork. He came up to the buddy and started ranting on about all the lovely women in the pub and that he was going to nail a few that night. He worked on WLR before he was on TodayFM, buddy is from Waterford. He never liked Collins and cringed when he came over to us. I didn’t know what Collins looked like before that, the friend just said “ah no, not this fooking spanner…” Alls I say is that he was right.

But I’m getting off the point, TV3 sucks c0ck!

[quote=“Gman”]yeah its a shite channel in fairness with a lot of shite programming for brain dead people. Idont know if anyone here follows that banged up abroad thing, and no qualms if you do, but I think it has to be the worst idea for a show going. Lets glorify drug dealers/carriers who get caught in a really strict country. Trying to make people feel pity for them. I have only seen this in parts on 2 occasions, so it may not be always like that, but the 2 ones I saw were and just thought what the fuck is this about.

And christ do I hate those celeb programs they always have. Whats that thing on around 6 or so mid week? Some celeb gossip thing with that AA Ireland one. Just pontificates over our Z list celebrities here and creates a false image for the likes of the Indo to keep it stirring. Absolute losers who do nothing and achieve nothing being made celebs for the sake of it.

And some of their better programs they have on at all hours because it doesnt suit their style of programing. Sports highlights are always closer to midnight, with Eircom League, and they had American football too last year but it barely even registered with anyone as it was on at some ungodly hour and with no advertising.

Still cant think of that celeb show thing and your ones name. Lorraine Keane, thats it. Christ its a horrible show to have to watch.[/quote]

XPos. That Lorraine Keane bint is the fakest bird on the telly by far!

[quote=“Gman”]yeah its a shite channel in fairness with a lot of shite programming for brain dead people. Idont know if anyone here follows that banged up abroad thing, and no qualms if you do, but I think it has to be the worst idea for a show going. Lets glorify drug dealers/carriers who get caught in a really strict country. Trying to make people feel pity for them. I have only seen this in parts on 2 occasions, so it may not be always like that, but the 2 ones I saw were and just thought what the fuck is this about.

Still cant think of that celeb show thing and your ones name. Lorraine Keane, thats it. Christ its a horrible show to have to watch.[/quote]

Xpose-by god do I hate that show. Hate TV3 but…
they are showing re-runs of “The Fast Show” from Friday apparently.

This week, I’ve been mostly eating…Bourbon Biscuits.

I can’t think of any redeeming features TV3 has either. They show all the same rubbish as ITV do and what’s the point of them showing programmes like Coronation Street and whatever rubbish Ant and Dec or whoever are presenting at the time. I doubt there’s that many people who still live in 4-channel (RTE1, RTE2, TV3 and TG4) land so it seems absolutely pointless to simultaneously show programmes easily available elsewhere. Then they show all those reality programmes already mentioned that only the saddest of sad bastards could have any interest in watching and again they’re bought in from England or America usually.

Their own output remains distinctly amateur, tacky and cheap looking which might be acceptable if they were still in their first year on air but they’re around nearly a decade now. It starts off with the criminally bad and terribly cringeworthy Ireland AM and then there’s that entertainment show and it’s topped off by their sport coverage. The American Football was a good example and was an opportunity for them to carve out a niche for themselves but they simply didn’t bother. Even for the Superbowl they took the feed from the NFL Network directly and didn’t have anybody in the studio presenting it. When the NFL Network went to ad breaks TV3’s coverage was just a still shot of the stadium - unbelievably shoddy and amateur. Their football coverage is banal, stale and generally awful right through from presenters, commentators and analysts and I dread to think what their GAA championship coverage will be like.

I struggle to think of anything impressive they’ve done at all. Apparently their Rugby WC coverage wasn’t bad but I didn’t watch any of it.

Yeah i remember bumping into him in Dublin about two years ago. I’d to resist the temptation the kick the living shite out of him… He’d some smug looking head on him. I can only imagine what the hell for. Would he even know what way to hold a hurley i wonder?

[quote=“Locke”]Paul “Bainsiteoir” Collins is the greatest fooking eijit I’ve ever met. He knows a friend of mine and we were out a few years back in Cork. He came up to the buddy and started ranting on about all the lovely women in the pub and that he was going to nail a few that night. He worked on WLR before he was on TodayFM, buddy is from Waterford. He never liked Collins and cringed when he came over to us. I didn’t know what Collins looked like before that, the friend just said “ah no, not this fooking spanner…” Alls I say is that he was right.
[/quote]

The WC rugby coverage was just ad break after ad break; Matt Cooper was embarrassed by it.

I’m trying to think of something good on it. They’ve had shows on it that aren’t bad but then you think to yourself, “it’s TV3, try another channel”. I do like Ramsey though he’s getting a bit stale at this stage but I’d watch that.

The Eircom weekly show last year was good but it was on late. And amateurish as Bandage pointed out.

have to aggree on the points made about tv3.
its a shocking tv station with some real swamp life for presenters.
in no particular order for the firing squad:
-Trevor Welch
-Lorraine Keane
-all the morning ireland programme people
-the blonde bird who makes a pigs ear of the news on a regular occasion

they are a parasitic station sucking up the worst tv programmes britain & america has to offer and the soonenr it goes down the fuckin plughole the better

That was my point about shows like Gordon Ramsay’s ones - they’re all already available on ITV or Channel 4 or whatever. It just seems awfully pointless to me.

Actually don’t think I’ve watched more than 5 minutes of TV3 in at least a year. What a horrible, derivative tv station. It sickens my hole to think that’s what Ireland has become - an island bereft of its own cultural identity so it hangs onto the shittest, lowest common denominator crap churned out by the scourge on society that is ITV. I don’t care if they’re showing the Fast Show now - the station is an affront to everything entertainment should be.

Dreading their GAA coverage. They haven’t brought one single innovation to anything they’ve ever done and I can just imagine the magazine-style, open collar shirts crap that they’ll come up with as a Sunday Game alternative.

Setanta Ireland have some cheap stuff but at least they got Francis and Dolan and other people to make it interesting. They got Daire O’Brien to host it who’s not bad and Dempsey has something going for him. Trevor Welch on the other hand… tv3’s Brendan O’Connor.

Any TV station that makes celebrities out of Martin “I dont have a clue about weather but it doesnt matter cos some old woman in Kiltimagh is 100 tomorrow” King and Alan “I’m so gay and I havent a clue about sports even though Im supposed to talk about them half the time” Hughes deserves to be taken off air.

The GAA coverage should be interesting. Am looking forward to seeing how they mess that up.

They have the best TV Breakfast Show, but realistically this show has no competition. Apart from that TV3 has sweet FA going for it. Maybe Bandage and Farmer could have a new prime time slot with Freaks of Friday, it would have to be live from Keoghs though!

Yeah TV3 is a fooking disgrace. They don’t seem interested in even trying.

I would love to own a TV station though. May buy them out - should only cost a 100 quid.

First step - kick Lorraine Keane as far out the door as far her fake ugly head can go.

In fairness Ben, if I turn on the TV in the morning it’s to see has anything major happened overnight. I don’t really have an interest in hearing Alan Hughes and some other randomer talking about garden patio furniture or something.

It’s the best show on Irish TV before 10am anyway!

Did anyone spot my sly reference to Alan Hughes and Talkabout in my previous post?

I’m sorry to say that I did. Now that was a programme worthy of a place on TV3. Did you know that Alan Hughes’s brother Kevin actually lives in Enniscorthy?

No, I didn’t know that Mac. Do you know Kevin? If so, can you ask him to ask Alan to send me a signed photograph of himself? I’ll pm you my address.