Tv3

:wink:

He’s an accountant in Enniscorthy. His son was the chief liqidator for Shamrock Rovers a few years ago. I did my work experience for him back in 5th year in school but dont think I’d be on good enough terms as to get a signed photo. Might be worth a shot though!

Their Uefa cup highlights program was something else. They showed highlights of Everton and Fiorentina, but cut to a break before the penalties. when they came back off the break they went straight in to the Spurs - PSV game. After showing a couple of penalties from the shoot out, the commentator announced that if Spurs missed the next spot kick they were out. They had edited out most of the penalties.
When this was over they realised they now had enough time to show penalties from the Everton tie so went back to that game and again only showed a few of them.

It’s only a matter of time before they show the second half of a match before the first.

[quote=“Monkey Allen”]Their Uefa cup highlights program was something else. They showed highlights of Everton and Fiorentina, but cut to a break before the penalties. when they came back off the break they went straight in to the Spurs - PSV game. After showing a couple of penalties from the shoot out, the commentator announced that if Spurs missed the next spot kick they were out. They had edited out most of the penalties.
When this was over they realised they now had enough time to show penalties from the Everton tie so went back to that game and again only showed a few of them.

It’s only a matter of time before they show the second half of a match before the first.[/quote]

Mental, isn’t it?

I was laughing at their uefa cup coverage recently as well because they came on air 30 minutes before a Bolton tie they were covering.

Now, here’s a team that deserve a 5-minute introduction before a game max but TV3 decided to have a full and detailed half an hour build-up.

As they don’t have any rights to EPL football they didn’t actually have any clips to illustrate key players or to show recent form or whatever.

So there was only so many ways the Stephen Cullinane guy could ask Jason McAteer and Sam Allardyce how Gary Megson would approach the game in his boring, droll voice.

And that cheap blue setting in the background that they’ve had since they first came on air!

I’ll be the first to put my hand up when I see something positive from TV3 and last night I did. I watched the programme “Diary of a Model” from 9pm-10pm* and I must say that I reckon it’s one of the better programmes I’ve seen in a long time.
Like most, I knew very little about Katie French before she died but after watching last nights programme I must say that she seemed to be a really nice girl, with a good business head on her, had a good idea of the industry she was in and exploited it to her benefit.
The programme also followed 2 other models, one from Carrigfergus, a mother of one with a cracking body on her. She was doing shoots for magazines like Nuts so I’ll say no more. The other model was a 17 yr old leaving cert student that seemed to have her head screwed on big time.
The most positive thing about the programme is that there wasn’t a cheap studio for the TV3 people to fook it up, trying to think even if there was a narrative accompanying the show, in any case I would give the show 8.5/10 - it losing 1.5pts because it was on TV3 in the first place.

*I’d like to add here that Mrs. Locke has control over the TV on Tuesday nights as I usually go out for 5-a-side, last night being an exception because I have a man cold atm. I’m not ashamed to say I watched Desperate Housewives after that even though it’s the greatest muck I think I’ve ever seen on the telly, but that’s marriage for you.

I read at the weekend that Jimmy Magee is going to be fronting their GAA coverage this summer with Nicky English and Liam Griffin also involved. There was no mention of any football pundits yet. In fairness, Jimmy Magee and Nicholas (as Jimmy calls him) English have regularly been excellent on Sunday Sport on RTE1 for the past few years. Griffin was previously involved in RTE’s coverage some years back and I know he annoyed the likes of Farmer with his constant comparisons of players to gladiators and mythical warriors and the like. He’s passionate and knowledgeable though so they could have done an awful lot worse than the first 3 who’ve signed up anyway.

I like the co-commentators on Radio 1. Luke Dempsey is good on the football and Len Gaynor is excellent on the hurling.

Was listening to Gaynor on the way back up on Paddy’s Day and thought he was very good. Brian Carthy was nearly slitting his wrists when Brian Whelehan got sent off saying mad things like it was a black mark on his career and Gaynor just said that he was talking rubbish and that it wouldn’t be remembered in the overall scheme of things.

In fairness any of TV3’s football analysts would have to be better those despicable fooks on RTE…

That reminds me - fooking Colm O’Rourke under my name…

TV3’s expose must be the worst shit on tv. Car crash television.

Correct me if I’m wrong but TV3 has been on the go for around 10 years. How in that time has the station remained so shite. And anything good they get the rights too they turn to shite, i.e football, rugby. Every presenter they have is a noob. Martin King, for fook sake.

i believe that eugene mcgee(irish indepndant) is going to be one of the football pundits…

Eugene Magee knows his stuff anyway. Jimmy Magee is too old though, cannot believe they’re going to have him on.

It really is a crap station alright, all in all. Martin King and Trevor Welsh are sound lads to have a pint with but they’re diabolical television presenters no question about it.

I never watch TV3 though, so don’t really care how crap it is.

TV3 sports news just there:

‘Rangers are on course for an unprecedented quadruple after beating Porto last night.’

I wouldn’t mind but the idiots were actually showing the game.

From Xpose on TV3

Callum Best has been seen out sporting a shiner and we know why!!

xpose is being canned. glenda gilson said she was startled when she heard the news

Didn’t Snoop do her doggy style few years back?

I am sure some of the ITV channels have a version of that which they can use.

1 Like

Ireland AM is on here in the background. I haven’t watched this in over a decade, FOTF Alan Hughes if anything has got younger looking in that decade

I often leave my home office* and head downstairs for a bowl of porridge around 9.30am and catch the last half hour on weekday mornings. I don’t say this lightly, but Tommy Bowe has a lovely way about him. He’s a breakfast TV natural - friendly, charming, curious, interested, makes his guests feel at ease. There’s a wonderful dynamic between him, Alan, Karen and Deric outside doing the weather.

*ikea desk in the spare bedroom

Deric has a noble beard on him. Took him a while to cultivate no doubt

If you had to choose a presenting threesome (no limits on sex/gender) combining the Ireland AM and Weekend AM crews, who would you go for?

I like Karen, but I’ve always had a soft spot for Laura Woods. I think I’d keep Tommy and Alan and replace Karen with Laura.

I also like Anna Daly at weekends and I don’t mind Aidan Power. But I’m not a fan of that Simon Delaney chap, ex Bachelor’s Walk. My heart also sinks when someone like Anton Savage covers as a holiday/guest presenter.

2 Likes

Alan Hughes to do a TJ Reid all singing all dancing role, Karen Koster in a Tony Kelly role playing off the breaks from Alan and Tommy Martin inside in a rogue-ish Pat Horgan finisher role.

1 Like