Tv3

Tommy is great talent alright. I didn’t include him in my calculations, as he formally left the Weekend AM role a good while back and was replaced by Aidan Power. I think it was when Virgin won a load of football broadcasting rights for both Champions League nights, Nations League/Cup etc. That said, when sport was on hold during lockdown #1, he was drafted back into the lineup and it was like he was never away. Equally at home pressing Brian Kerr about a football tactic innovation or querying why Chef Edward Hayden uses so much chilli in all of his dishes.

3 Likes

Anne O Donnell that reads the news in a stunning looking lady

1 Like

Christ this Ireland AM or whatever it’s called is some shite.

They even have some bird from Easyjet doin the sport

1 Like

Huge coup for Ireland AM to get an interview with the great Michael Winslow.

14 Likes

:grinning::grinning::scream_cat:

david search GIF

3 Likes

He is constantly coming out with bizarre stuff. I don’t know how professionals like Karen Coster and Alan Hughes stick him

3 Likes

What the fuck!!

Am sure he’s a lovely guy and all but he’s a fucking dose on the telly

1 Like

Jesus that’s bad

Someone in work today told me he once called Angela Merkel Meghan Markle and went on to repeat the mistake soon after.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Ok guys, lay off @Tank please.

1 Like

@Bandage what do you make of the positional switch of Muireann O’Connell and Karen Koster?

Muireann seems far too excitable and bubbly for morning tv, this isn’t morning radio. Karen as expected has taken to the 6 O’Clock show to the manor born.

1 Like

I’m a bit indifferent to it in truth, Big Dan.

I think the ideal host is a mixture of Karen and Muireann. In other words, a Laura Woods type figure who exudes warmth and has that personal touch but can handle the more serious stuff too.

I often found Karen a little bit cold or distant, even when dealing with the public in those personal stories that are a staple of breakfast TV.

Muireann, on the other hand, can be too full on.

2 Likes

I stopped following Muireann on Insta (cc @caulifloweredneanderthal) as I found her a bit too excitable. Plus she uses the term “Hey Galz…” when announcing something and I am not female.

2 Likes

ah she’s not the worst.

Think I heard Laura Woods dulcet tones on a morning show on East Coast FM recently. They’re really reaching to have acquired a former RTE goddess.