Twitter (Part 1)

Seriously?

One or two of them said not guilty, not changing! The decision had to be unanimous (I don’t know why? - Art?). Jury have to be seen to deliberate, Judge asked after 3 odd hours, how’s it going, jury said it was never going to be unanimous…that’s it good luck.

1 Like

Spot on. That’s how justice works. If anyone ever finds themselves in the dock be sure and make an intuitive connection with at least one member of the jury and you’re set

Why is cases unanimous and some majority? I’m not bothered googling.

This was a UK trial so I’d say it was up to the Tory judge to decide. If this case was proceeded before a less reactionary jurisdiction I have no doubt the right verdict would have been reached

2 Likes

The hashtag clearly indicates he think she was raped. Assume thats what they will argue is defamatory. Agree its unlikely to go anywhere.

Id say this claim they were gonna sue AOR was done in an effort to ‘kill one and frighten the rest’. Albeit it has only made the noise louder

1 Like

It was unanimous

Jaysus if you were so picky with the small print of all those loans years ago the country might be in a better place.

14 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

Ooofffttt!

2 Likes

There was a bit of a barney between Broadsheet and the Irish Times journo I see.

Ooooooft. Lovely hurling I just gave you the magical ten.

1 Like

The jury had been stuck together for 9 weeks. You really think they hadn’t discussed the case and the issue of guilt or innocence and what they were going to do until the judge had finished charging them?

No. I thought they would have spent more time pretending to deliberate.

What was said by a player from tyholland?

“They haven’t the first notion about…” I think they do. The protests are not just because of this case… the complainant represented something so much more.

So they should have jailed the lads to make a point?

You gobshite

3 Likes

1 Like

“We are examining carefully every item of social media commentary which seeks to challenge the integrity of the jury’s full endorsement of our client’s innocence.”