Twitter (Part 1)

Ta, DB. Outstanding.

Never used hte tags on this site. Please rephrase in a simpler manner.

[QUOTE=“Juhniallio, post: 1045030, member: 53”]Lads, how do hashtags work?

Do I just tweet one and then it exists?

Then if anyone else tweets it is it linked to all previous ones?

Do I need to tweet it to look at previous ones or can I just look them up?

Basically, can I pick a new hashtag, get people to tweet it and then anyone can look up all comments on that hashtag?[/QUOTE]

@henrymartin1 will explain it to you

A man as prolific on the hyperweb as yourself is a man to be trusted on these matters MBB. Please address my other queries. Also, do I need to set up the hashtag or can I tell others to tweet it anyway?

#'cosheknowsalotabouthashtagssohedoes

Yes, a hashtag makes it easier to find in a search. There’s no setting up as such, telling people to tweet a certain hashtag is creating the hashtag.
#itcanbeanythingyouwant

[QUOTE=“TreatyStones, post: 1045069, member: 1786”]Yes, a hashtag makes it easier to find in a search. There’s no setting up as such, telling people to tweet a certain hashtag is creating the hashtag.
#itcanbeanythingyouwant[/QUOTE]

Do capital letters matter?

No, I don’t think so

hashtags are a bit of an anomaly. They are poor use of the 140 chars. Most professional twitter users would never include them.

Ta runty. I need final confirmation before I launch my first hashtag. It’s fucking exciting stuff i dTigh Juhniallio anocht. @myboyblue what’s the score on this front?

As the cheapest guerrilla marketing available, I am putting all my hope into it.

[QUOTE=“Juhniallio, post: 1045030, member: 53”]Lads, how do hashtags work?

Do I just tweet one and then it exists?

Then if anyone else tweets it is it linked to all previous ones?

Do I need to tweet it to look at previous ones or can I just look them up?

Basically, can I pick a new hashtag, get people to tweet it and then anyone can look up all comments on that hashtag?[/QUOTE]
Sorry pal, was sidetracked. To answer 1 by 1

Yes, they work, but then searching for anything on twitter works just as well

Yes, if you tweet a unique hashtag it works immediately, but depending on the tag, it may already exist, as happened the #gaa hashtag when it was being used elsewhere.

Yes, if others use it, it will come up on a search with all other hashtags of the same nature.

No, you dont need to tweet it to see previous ones, you just do a search for the hashtag you are looking for.

Yes.

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 1045100, member: 180”]Sorry pal, was sidetracked. To answer 1 by 1

Yes, they work, but then searching for anything on twitter works just as well

Yes, if you tweet a unique hashtag it works immediately, but depending on the tag, it may already exist, as happened the #gaa hashtag when it was being used elsewhere.

Yes, if others use it, it will come up on a search with all other hashtags of the same nature.

No, you dont need to tweet it to see previous ones, you just do a search for the hashtag you are looking for.

Yes.[/QUOTE]

Ta, MBB. Do capital letters matter?

Nope, they just look like shit I find.

To enter our competition please use the hash tag #juhniallioisaledgend

Cool. Last question. Does it matter how long a hashtag is? Or do people not give afuck?

Great chance of winning that one Runty, won’t be too many entrants.

Shorter the better but then less chance of it being unique.

Better to keep it short and snappy, also gives more chance add further detail to your post and less chance for people adding spelling errors in the hashtag as well, very relevant on mobile devices.

Wonderful tech help by @myboyblue[/USER] & [USER=1786]@TreatyStones