Tyrone 2018 - Happy to Work with British State-funded Operations

Niall Morgan; Padraig Hampsey, Ronan McNamee, Aidan McCrory; Ronan McNabb, Frank Burns, Rory Brennan; Colm Cavanagh, Declan McClure; Matthew Donnelly, Peter Harte, Conal McCann; Lee Brennan, Cathal McShane, Ronan O’Neill.

Subs: Mickey O’Neill, Brendan Burns, Michael Cassidy, Harry Loughran, Cathal McCarron, Ben McDonnell, Kieran McGeary, Michael McKernan, Ciaran McLaughlin, Conor Meyler, David Mulgrew, Padraig McNulty.

8 changes from the Mayo game. Would have liked to have seen Cassidy start ahead of McCrory.

No Fergus in the starting line up

:joy:

Two pre-match changes for Tyrone.

Kieran McGeary in for Colm Cavanagh.
McCarron for Hampsey.

1 Like

Our scoring stats in this league campaign read 7-92 scored, 4-84 conceded.

Last years was 3-87 scored and 4-81 conceded.

I think it shows that we have been more offensive this campaign and are carrying a bigger goal threat. We could easily have had another few against Mayo last weekend and also put penalties wide against Donegal and Kerry.

I’d like to see the following side for the Championship opener against Monaghan.

1. Morgan
  2. Hampsey
  3. McNamee
  4. McCarron
  5. Meyler
  6. Burns
  7. Harte
  8. Cavanagh
  9. McNulty
  10. M Donnelly
  11. Sludden
  12. McShane
  13. L Brennan
  14. McAliskey
  15. Bradley

Not sure what the extent of HP McGeary’s injury is, I’d have him starting only for his recent injury. I think McCann may take a bit of time to get back to speed so hopefully he will flying but I think it’s a big ask, having your foot in a brace for a period of time will mean he will have a load of rehabbing to do in order to recover muscle wastage. Bench looks really strong though I think McCurry’s departure will really have an impact on our options, O’Neill is really the only natural scoring forward we have in reserve at the minute if McAliskey, Bradley and Brennan all start.

Burns has nailed down the 6 position I’d imagine, he’s been very impressive there and allows us to drop Hampsey back into the full back line. McNulty gives us more size and power around the middle of the pitch and McShane has been a revelation this year, he’s playing with his head up much more, taking better options and finally looking at home at senior intercounty level.

1 Like

What injury has Tee McCann and when is he expected back?

Fracture on his kneecap.

I think probably about 8 weeks recovery time but he would have been required to wear a knee brace which would severely waste muscle even over a small period of time. I’d imagine he’d be very unlikely to be back before the end of the Ulster Championship.

Meyler’s performances have meant we haven’t really missed him too much in the half back line but he is a big player for Tyrone.

That’s a pity, that sounds like a serious enough injury.

Yeah, its about 6 weeks in now so he should be able to step up his rehab but I think you’re probably looking at about 2-3 months from now before he’ll back in proper match shape.

Colm Cavanagh a MAJOR doubt for Championship opener with Monaghan.

:astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

Former Tyrone captain and manager Eugene McKenna is set to attend the wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle on Saturday, May 19.

McKenna will accompany his wife Bernie, who was invited thanks to her work with the Castlecaulfield Horticultural Society, a group which has the Ulster in Bloom and Britain in Bloom titles and was recognised at last year’s Communities in Bloom competition in Canada.

Bernie told the Belfast Telegraph: "I had no idea this was going to happen.

“I was in the hairdressers with no glasses on when I got the email, so it was a bit of a pandemonium. I couldn’t believe it so I rang Eugene (husband) and he couldn’t believe it either. It never occurred to me that our CHS group would be invited.”

Eugene captained Tyrone in their 1986 All-Ireland SFC final defeat to Kerry and won three All Stars and three Ulster SFC titles in a glittering career. He later had two spells as co-manager of the Red Hands along with Art McRory, while his son Niall emulated him by winning an All-Ireland MFC medal in 2008.

1 Like

The most outrageous scandal to ever hit Tyrone GAA by a long, long way.

They have a lovely bowl of soup ready for him at the reception.

1 Like

They love the royal family up in Northern Ireland.

1 Like

I’ll break from tradition and defend a tyrone man. Castle Caulfield is a small village which has more than its fair share of bitterness and division. A number of people, Catholic and Protestant got together and saw the relevant society as a way to work together in a positive and harmless way, one which would threaten no-one and benefit everyone. It sounds like a small thing, but it was a big deal given the history etc
They had plenty of opposition and unpleasantness to contend with. I suppose mckenna not attending would be a snub to the protestants in the community.
Besides, there’s probably a free bar…

3 Likes

Shock, horror.

@glenshane defends the Crown.

I can see how someone lacking in intelligence and imagination would find an opportunity to throw an insult… even if they didn’t really believe what they were saying

Just an observation, no need to be so tetchy.

I’m laughing at you… were did you get tetchy from?

Your tone, it was very tetchy.