Tyrone 2021

Lovely tribute to Geoffrey’s brother from the boys.

cc @glenshane

1 Like

Very dacent of them

1 Like

What’s the story there?

Passed away a few weeks ago. A true Gael.

1 Like

Yeah I gathered that by the date on the headstone just wondered what/if there was any significance in two Tyrone boys visiting a Derry mans grave with Sam

Bring Sam to a True Gael. I’d imagine the two boys may have known him reasonably well as he was a big and well known character in Ulster GAA and his brother being a cult hero.

Nice gesture all the same. Cassidy is an Ardboe man so would be very close to the Derry border.

3 Likes

Fair play

That’s a photo from yesterday’s Macrory Cup game with Cookstown. The big minor ye had doesn’t seem to have eased up on his gym routine since.

The size of some of the minors these days is mindboggling. The midfielder Derry had as well was an absolute monster.

That lad would have been a big player for Coalisland this year if he was eligible.

As I said on the relevant thread, I think we could see a first Tyrone school win one in a while off the back of those minor teams. Cookstown would likely have Horse’s two lads as well.

Michelle is look right gamey there. Great to see her moving on from Bobby.

Big game in Salthill at the weekend.

Word has been very quiet from the Tyrone camp since the Monaghan defeat. There were enough bright spots to make me optimistic in the first half despite the second half collapse. Teague and Paudie McNulty were are only real long long term absentees as both missed the league campaign so not sure if they are available yet.

Providing we have a full hand (minus Teague and McNulty) I’d go with the following team:

1. Morgan
  2. Quinn
  3. McNamee
  4. Hampsey
  5. McKernan
  6. Burns
  7. Harte
  8. Kennedy
  9. Kilpatrick
  10. Meyler
  11. Sludden
  12. Oguz
  13. McCurry
  14. Donnelly
  15. Canavan

Tyrone by 4. Good weather promised and dry sod and that’s usually when Tyrone go well.

Has the mcshane issue been resolved?

There’s an issue? I thought it was he’s just been shit since the AI win.

I heard there was a lot of bad feeling about him being paid- all well and good when there’s plenty of glory