U-21 Hurling 2018

Score in the galway game lads??

Lost by 2

3-13 to 1-17

Fucking kilkenny cunts.

2 Likes

What? they were 8 up and crusing?? dont make me google it, what was the real score

Galway won by 2.

1 Like

That’s mean giving them hope like that. Tell the truth

Draw

Tour de France by Joe O’Connor tonight, guys. He’ll surely go up the senior squad pecking order from his current #28 position. 1-3 from play, 0-3 in the first half when we were all sea otherwise and a cracking goal straight after half time. 2 goals by Clontarf RFC’s Mikie Dwyer off the bench too.

We went from 1-7 to 0-4 down while playing with a strong first half breeze to 3-15 to 2-11 up. We didn’t line out in the positions as per the programme (D Reck and Firman started midfield) and left a 2 on 2 at the back in the first half which Dublin exploited. It was sorted when Reck went back there and Byrne switched men. Firman went off with a hamstring injury in the first half and Joe O’Connor was smashing in midfield.

I don’t think Rory O’Connor scored and wasn’t involved much in the first half. Got on ball in deeper second half role.Seamus Casey hit some great long range frees. Shane Reck and Maddock were strong in the half back line too. Dublin had played twice already so maybe we can be excused for being off the boil early on.

Thought his puckouts got us into a lot of trouble. Sent 3 straight out over the sideline and others straight to Kilkenny men. Made a couple of good saves though. Short passing shite with the wind in the first half was bizarre.

1 Like

Who’ll be favourite between wx and galway?
@bandage?

I imagine Galway will be.

Wheres it on @Bandage?? Well, WELL

Presumably Portlaoise or Dublin?

1 Like

Wexford county board should try get the final played in Kilkenny. Nothing against portlaoise or tullamore but the pitch in nowlan park is in great condition.

Who was the free taker? I don’t think it’s the first time that the 1st choice senior free taker wasn’t first choice on the u21 team either.

Just looking at the updates on Twitter it was Seamus Casey hitting the frees tonight. Roc didn’t score, not a bad thing either because it’s good to see other lads stepping up. Seems like Casey did well on them.

Boys

Are the beaten provincial finalists back in the AI series ???

No straight knockout in 21s always?

1 Like

Oh no wait it seems to have changed this year!