UEFA champions league 2017/2018 qualifiers

Had a look through the squads if the perspective opponents there.

Slavia Prague have Danny (ex Zenit - really classy player, 33 now) and Halil Altintop
Qarabag don’t look pretty ordinary, most notable players are a few journeymen Spaniards.
Astana, a bit like Qarabag but I’d say with a little more quality.
Rijeka, I’d like to avoid, don’t really know many of their players but I’d say they could play us off the park. The Croatian league produces lots of quality players
Happen Beer Whatever, we should take them but they caused our defence loads of problems last year.

In order of preference for me:

1. Qarabag
  2. Astana
  3. Slavia Prague
  4. Hapoel
  5. Rijeka

id agree but Astana and Hapoel are decent sides
Hapoel would be a much more improved side than the one that Celtic or “ye” faced last year
they dug it out last night against Ludogorets who are recent group stage regulars and finished last season with huge momentum adding some decent players to the set up, beatable, yes but there are a couple of easier ones in there

I’d be wary of the away trip to Astana

Rijeka look fairly shit. Dinamo Zagreb haven’t been greaf in Europe and that team looks much inferior. They’d be my first preference.

I think Hapoel is the main one to avoid.

1 Rijeka
2 Qarabag
3 Slavia
4 Astana
5 Hapoel

Wherever we go we’ll fear no foe.

:brendan:

1 Like

agreed on Rijeka
i wrote an excellent post in 2015 on the decline of Balkan club football the day before i advised forum users to back aberdeen to beat Rijeka at 6/1 in croatia, a game in which they won 3-0

2 Likes

i thought Celtic were Irish…

1 Like

Zionist pricks

1 Like

What an idiot. The draw’s on this morning.

depending where one is sitting i guess
predictions?

im going
Celtic - Hapoel
Hapoel will have advantage of second leg at home… ( cc @Bandage)

the “lads” who run Israel Football will give TFK a follow i am told im return for some abuse regarding Celtic’s nationality,

Are Hapoel any use this year? I was impressed with their right back last year? Ben Sahar or something?

I’m predicting Celtic-Qarabag.

Any link to this?

ah they’re decent allright
really pushed on last year, winning the league at a canter after celtic put the out of the CL, great run in the UEFA Cup, beating southampton, Inter H&A (first team ever to do that in europe).
that win over Razgard the other night was most unlike an israeli team as they showed serious bottle to dig it out and win on away goals
They’re very decent at home, ive watched their 4x CL games this season to date and they totally overwhelmed Budapest and Ludogarets at the sweat box in the desert.
they play 4-3-3, that right back ure thinking of is Ofir Davidzada who is now at Maccabi TA
Ben Sahar is an off the bench striker, Nwakame, Meliksson and Mohaommed Ghadir up front are very fast and quick… they coukd beta you 3-0 at home but are liable to concede 5 on the road,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfyrdzF9EV0

Oooft.

Qarabag v Kobenhaven.

Olympi v RIJAK

Celtic…

Astana

crossbar