UEFA Nations League

Israel have a smashing attacking set up at the moment with Zehavi, Weissman, Dabbur and Salomon, the team is imrpoving no end under the Austrain management and getting the players out of the domestic league is working
the game v scotland the other night was very impressive and tonight also some great attacking football- the center half pairing does let them down and El Ahemed is ropey at the best of times.
I fancy them to come thru over scotland next month tho
Slovakia were workmanlike tonight - itā€™ll be an utter slugfest when we play them - they have nobody i can see

Marciano in goals for israel is very very good - there was a lovely shot for @Bandage of him, ryan christie and bitton walking off the pitch the other night virtaully are in arm , christie in the middle and the two boys towering over him

was it conan byrne tweeted something the other night that when mick o neill took over the North, he had won a LOI title and in his first game they needed a last minute one to equalise in romania - Barraclough also has won a LOI title and his first game was of similar circumstance away in Romania

i didnt check mick o neills second outing thoā€¦

Thats the end of the similarity. The north have absolutely nothing coming through. Still decent enough options at the back and midfield but nothing in attack. Its going to be a bleak few years. Im delighted.

Totally disagree. The scots battered israel at hampden last year. Last friday was shadow boxing. The scots will be a different team next month and dykes looks a great find up front.

Two outstanding goals by Haaland in Belfast tonight. Iā€™m mightily impressed by him.

well one could also say that when mick o neill tool over there was very little coming thru as well , however he got them into an organised unit with remarkable success for the resources available to him.
why are delighted BTW? - youā€™re not one of these YBIG types i hope trying to bring religion and tradition into it - people are so far gone from that , Their league champions are run Billy fenlon, you have more fellas from a nationlistist background playing for linfield and look who got the winner for coleraine in slovenia ā€¦even their team tonight , its a completelty different setup now and if anyone questions their fans then id say we coiuld raise them x10 with a few of the inbred knuckle draggers who follow us - if you have any love of football this end youā€™d have to have some degrees of respect for a them trying to plough on and vastly overachieve whilst doing it - good luck to them is what i say.

fellas forget as well blaming the IFA for blocking an all ireland league ( Proddy begrudery ,ect) and its the fucking chairman of cliftonville who is the biggest problem- anyway
plus barraclough is a sound man as well - another kenny-esque move coming up from 21s tho

i thought that was the 2018 edition of the nations league - Herzog had only just taken over
israelā€™s biggest problem is their defence , Eitan Tibi couldnt handle David macmillan and kilduff in tallaght in 2016, heā€™s still playing with maccabi tel aviv and heā€™s still shit
Theyā€™re gone to 5 at the back now - so you have Bitton/ Tibi and El Ahmed but its a disaster waiting to happen and Slovakiaā€™s goal tonight was a howler
Now the other arab lad Tawatha and Eli dasa are outstanding wing backs, i remember watching Dasa at beitar and he has really improved now he is gone to Holland- tawatha as well is very improved .

The midfield can be weak - nathcho is still pulling the strings but legs are gone and Pertez will be a great player but he needs to get out of maccabi and get to Europe to progress.
There is a heap of goals up front - Zehavi i think was top scorer in all of Euro 2020 qualifying, Solomon will be some player and dabbur scores a pile of goalsā€¦ Weissman on the bench and in la liga now
its their defense that will let them down tho

Their fans, their anthem plus the fact that the more crap they are the more chance talented players will want to play for ourselves. They are our rivals, who wants to see our rivals doing well?

Ryan Fraser should come back into the mix for the scots. Forrest destroyed them at hampden, hasnt been playing well of late but in a few weeks could be back in form. Fancy scotland especially at hampden.

We havenā€™t played them in a meaningful
game in near on 3 decades . How are we rivals ??

I havent played against my neareat gaa club in championship in years. I still hope they lose though. So Ireland v the north of Ireland wouldnt be an absolutely massive game?

youā€™re talking about Scotland you cabbage, ah I see youā€™re also shiteing about Norn Iron
I like to see them do well. Same as Scotland and Wales.

Well i hope norn iron lose every game. Entitled to my opinion.

Fuck you

1 Like

Michael Oā€™ Neill had a slow enough start as Northern Ireland manager. Think they struggled in the 2014 qualifying campaign but he worked the oracle from there and they were superb given their limited resources in qualifying for Euro 2016 and onwards.

i would agree with that
he got stuff out of players who have/had abject club careers
yer man the gah goalkeeper from fermanagh, mick macgovern, he had him looking like a superstar in euro 2016- he hasnt played a game since- and then the likes of Kyle Lafferty- an absolute mess of a club career but a different player once he got out playing international football

Macauley is a huge loss for them , does Johnny Evans play anymore ? - loosing that pair would have to take its toll

the point about us and them been rivals is no longer valid
in an attempt to rescue coffers post failure to qualify for France and having to give away free tickets to the 2018 nations league games FAI thought a november friendly versus them would rouse interestā€¦
was there even 15k there, a few lads booed GSTQ and Am Na Bf but by and large it was similar to a game against Oman for intensity or crowd involvement.
Nobody cares anymore- it was brilliant back in the days when you had lads like Billy Bingham but those days are long done im afraid ( and its a lesser occasion for it in many regards)

1 Like

Aaron Hughes was another very solid and experienced defender who is a big loss