UEFA Nations League

People will care if we meet in November.

as they will if we play BiH

We’d have a better chance against the North

I’d fancy our chances against them now that Michael O’ Neill is gone. In fairness to Martin O’ Neill that was a fine 3-1 Agg win against Bosnia in the play-offs for Euro 2016.

ah we had some great results in 2015
ok a pair of 1/1’s at home to poland and scotland but games we could have won, germany stands out allright then at home and both games v bosnia
full stadiums, brilliant athmosphere

we’re a far cry from that now
that wales game in march 2017 was the day i knew it was done - what followed then to the culmination of Obafemi’s debut in the 0-0 in denamrk in november 2018 is probably ( wales in 2017 aside) one of the darkest periods for the national team in my lifetime anyway in terms of negativity
2018 was a shambolic year- no world cup and the euro 2020 qualifiers that traditionally would have started in sept 2018 were replaced by the meaningless nations league ( we finished bottom, Dela chamged the rules so we couldn’t get relegated) and home games v denmark and wales…
there was no let up, relief or new beginning feeling

ok WC 2014 qualifiers were bad also from the 6-1 at home v Germany to Noel King taking over- the stan era obviously was bad but the bitterness and negativity of the last 18 months of the ONeill/Keane reign was unprecedented

2 Likes

oh 100% but the interest levels id imagine will be the same notwithstanding the opposition

Its equivalent to playing Wales or Scotland since the good Friday agreement

Ah come here, 100% more interest and buzz if its Ireland v the north.

Most people in the southern part of Ireland are fairly indifferent to the Northern Irish team. I think most people wished them well in Euro 2016

Your defence is terrified

I certainly didnt and i dont know too many who did.

Bizarre bunch are free staters.

Don’t mind a bigoted international football XI but loath Ulster GAA teams.

1 Like

i would agree with that in terms of the total lack of indifference, shur most people couldnt name two of their players and mick o neill is considered by anyone who has any clue about football this side of the fence to be a sound man- it was hard not to wish a man like that well really. especially in France
if any " rivalry" at all was or is to exist anymore id imagine it is only resident inside NI/six counties / occupied territories or whatever you’re having with how you refer to the place
most people couldnt give an absolute fuck i think

1 Like

Nicely worked equaliser for France. Croats had been well on top up to this.

Martial makes it 2-1 just on halftime

I’ve had the misfortune of watching england vs denmark. Its woeful.

Two bad teams

England are very negative.

Five minutes of that one drove me to the red button

Croatia looked desperate against Portugal the other night.