Uk Affairs - Sterling is taking a Pounding

Who is they mate?

Us lads buying 5 euro worth of crypto.

2 Likes

Apologies if posted already: stolen from Twitter

1 Like

Who is the labour MP that called him superficially black?

You and mick are on the same page

1 Like

Iā€™m not so sure Mary Smith will. Most folk I talk to have only understood that the price of heating has increased, and are reluctant to use it. I donā€™t think the energy price cap has been understood. For many itā€™s too high anyway, and many donā€™t trust it (Iā€™d be in the second camp)
There will be a fair few brexity types who will have read enough in the torygraph to have plotted correctly, but, as I understand it, it is capped at the amount a ā€œnormalā€ household would use, not limitlessly?

1 Like

Could you ladybird that last bit please?

Have you seen the half he boned? :face_vomiting:

1 Like

I think thats enough for today but in short kwaziā€™s recklessness/stupid like fox/negligent/audacious (choose whatever you want) actions forced the BOE to step in, guarantee bonds which tightened spreads, bid cable and may precipitate other CB intervention .

A lucky general?

Its what, day +3 since his budget, so who the hell knows but everyone was screaming cable parity post release and its gone the other way. Surely theres no way he thought/planned everything will crash and then CBs will step in and all part of his cunning plan. Last 10 days have been crazy, never seen price action like it, excluding covid.

There was a fair bit of bouncing around post Lehman

Agreed, traders bouncing off concrete from 200 feet. Im not saying gbp and gilts are out of the woods, Ive no idea if this was just a technical correction after the cb intervention and the real decline is ahead. No one knows.

3 Likes

The IMF have the flights and hotel rooms booked.

cc @briantinnion

Do this chap a favour pls

That was the lovely Konnie Huqā€™s sister. Iā€™d say she is thrilled about the current chaos, otherwise she would be paying a much heavier price for being a racist.

Steimer only suspended her. She should be goneā€¦

She also said if you listened to him on TV he didnā€™t sound blackā€¦ thatā€™s first ballot hall of fame racist right there. She needs to be gone

Starmer has left it, as he should, to an independent panel in place for just such things.
AFAIK she called kwarteng superficially black, or words to that effect. Whether this is racist, who knows :person_shrugging:
Iā€™d also be loth to throw anyone to the wolves over a remark without at least hearing circumstances etc.

The circumstances were her talking shit at some conference fringe event. Just when labour see clear water some clown like her pulls them back.