Uk Affairs - Sterling is taking a Pounding

michael-collins-rea-screenshot1

4 Likes

And pensions will be paid to the civil servants etc in the 6 counties following a vote in favour of a United Ireland.

Others will tell you we can’t afford the north after a UI

1 Like

Both of mine were over there separately for about 4 years in the 60s, both get about 2 or 3k a year, as well as a fuel allowance. It’s fucking ridiculous.

3 Likes

My parents are same. Get the pension and fuel allowance from Blighty after living and working there 60s-70s

They’ve got it over 20 years now. Got the value off their few years there.

1 Like

Surprising amount of fellas on here taking the schilling it seems

2 Likes

The soup takers find it veey hard to kick the habit.

3 Likes

Would ye send it back lads? :smile:

Savage attacks on the economic refugees here from the wealthy landowners who never had to emigrate :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

I’d say they send thank you cards

A few pensioners taking money off the Brits has done more damage to them than the sum total Queens County residents ever managed.

1 Like

Old Austrian currency that’s bizarre

You’re a well up sort of chap, you know why the name queens county came about right?

My father and mother in law get it too. They were genuinely baffled when they realised they were due it. What’s the explanation for it and why is it so high??

Both my parents get a few quid too every month from the mainland, its a great country

1 Like

My old man gets it and he’s dead a year.

12 Likes

It kept the bar in Na Piarsaigh going for years.
They’re all dead now…

Caffeine overdose?

Naw, a lot of lads came back from England when Shannon Airport/Industrial estate opened and setup home in Caherdavin. That would have been the '70s. The English pension was a running joke in the clubhouse for years. Think they’re all dead now.

Just watching the news there. Looks like it would be easier to say whose not going on strike over the next few weeks over there

Mick Lynch will be running the place by February

4 Likes