Uk affairs, The Double Lizzie Crisis (Part 1)

Did Theresa May say “it’s not me, it’s EU” in the letter?

4 Likes

I’m sure you plagiarised that but I’ve given it a like anyway.

1 Like

All my own work, but I’m sure many thought of it

Can’t wait to finally get back the blue passports.

2 Likes

He is some man for his ale .

I’ll be going nowhere, Ireland and the Mainland have a special relationship going back hundreds of years

2 Likes

Indeed they have…

Anyhow, it’s quite clear that May and her friends have a clear economic and social vision for the country, the result of painstaking and inclusive planning.

It is nice to know they weren’t hopped into today’s events based on anti immigrant fervour whipped up by charlatans and voted through by the failing half of society.

1 Like

It’s a pity flogging wasn’t an option.

Or a damn good thrashing.

The micks are terrified to admit it but they’d love to be officially under the United Kingdom umbrella. They give it billy big balls in pubs after a few pints but look how many are quick to head to London for some decent work and ok living conditions.

they can’t get enough of England, sure look at Cheltenham, the absolutely love it, its savage insecurity, mick the muldoon loves England and secretly wants to be part of it

1 Like

We even have a political party that represents cap doffing subservients like ye. Ye might come back and give them a vote in the next election, they need every bit of help they can get.

Even that part of it is hard to predict though. However, the exit goes, it’s likely that the nature of its effects on Britain’s economy will be hotly disputed. The nuances of export trends aren’t likely to swing the populist vote in other countries, one way or another. Like with Brexit, the strange dynamics of local (in this case national) politics are going to be the main driver there.

The one thing that could play very badly for the Brits is Scotland leaving the union. Given that the whole ‘Leave’ thing has been little more than an incoherent nationalist howl, the break-up of the nation itself as a consequence would be a major embarrassment.

Die Welt front page

https://i.redditmedia.com/YDy25d-NGYdc6nPR1X16V_b9ibYswOCL244x6_GG2b4.jpg?w=519&s=fcd8f39891f5e322eb5ddee08df4eba2

3 Likes

Is Scotland viable given the collapse of oil prices?

I suspect the type of Little Englander that voted for Brexit wouldn’t lament the loss of the jockos

1 Like

Given that it’s unlikely there will be a referendum before March 2019 and it will probably only come in 2020 or 2021, a lot will depend on what happens with the border on this island.

If a hard border does go up here, it will increase the chances of Scotland being scared away from independence again.

If a work around can be found here, it will increase the chances of Scotland leaving as Unionists would then not be able to scaremonger over the border question.

This is actually quite a worrying thing in terms of the Irish border question. The Little Englanders don’t care about the North and it’s no skin off their nose to see a hard border go up here - but they would care about a hard border with Scotland. A hard border may be their best scaremongering card in a second independence referendum.

1 Like

I suspect otherwise.

They’re like a husband who beats his wife. He doesn’t care about her while she’s still with him, but he loves the power he exerts over her, and he cares if she goes - it destroys him and destroys his self-esteem.

2 Likes