Uk affairs, The Double Lizzie Crisis (Part 1)

Nothing new there.

Alastair Campell lurking here clearly and copying from me. The tories wassap group will be in sonic overdrive later tonight

She is a ball of shite

I’d say yer man Barnier over in Brussels is laughing his hole off.

Can’t see why. Brexit is still going to happen, deal or no deal. Do you think Boris & Co give a shit about what Barnier thinks?

2 Likes

No they dont, but if that’s the best they can come up with, the EU lads will do what they like with them.

The EU are not in a position to do anything. Italy will be the next to go, absolute disgrace the way Brussels abandoned them.

2 Likes

Barnier gave the Chinese flu to Boris so he indirectly set all this in motion.

I wonder would Paddy be as hard on the wonderful civil servants here whose fcuk ups in past 12 months alone make Cummins look harmless for having to cheek to check on his elderly parents

1 Like

The EU can’t do anything if the Brits just walk away. It’ll be a hard Brexit. End of.

Sorry I’ve missed a bit of this as I’ve had a few drinks so went on a 60 mile drive to clarify whether I’m pissed or not

1 Like

The Tans are using fighting talk but have they preparations in place for next January to cope with customs, logistics, flights, exports, etc? They would need that to convince the eu to talk without calling their bluff.

No, no they don’t.

Cummings will have brought down the Govt by then

Flesh that out a bit for me flatty. I can see labour launching a panzer attack on Brexit as a result of Cummgate

How are Labour going to do that against a majority of 80? Brexit is done mate. It’s deal or no deal now.

1 Like

They can’t mate. There is absolutely nothing they can do.
What is unfortunate for Boris is that SKS is a details man, who will hold him to account on all aspects of Brexit. If Boris hard brexits, which it is becoming increasingly apparent is being driven by Cummings, SKS won’t allow him to bluster through the backwash blaming covid. Labour will win the next election and rejoin the single market. At most it’ll be 6 years or so out. Alternatively,Boris will get a deal , which at the heel.of the hunt will be substantially worse than the status quo, SKS will pin him on it fairly well, and again have a good chance of unseating the Tories at the next GE.
Labour have no means of precipitating a GE though, and ,unless Boris resigns, which is highly.unlikely, there won’t be one for the full 5 year term.
The Tories can bugger the bursar in the meantime to their hearts content.

1 Like

Wisht!

Regardless of what side of the argument you’re on, the whole Cummings fiasco has raised a distrust among the British public.

1 Like

It would be in Boris’ best interests to get rid of him at this stage but I don’t think he will. Guys like Cummings are ok to win wars but they can’t operate in peacetime. Boris is fundamentally lazy and is over dependent on him. The cabinet is staffed with lightweights who owe their jobs to loyalty to the Brexit ideal, no ifs no buts. Like I said yesterday the Tories will knife Boris at least two years before the next GE. They’ll probably lose it anyway they’ll have been in power for fourteen years. Sir Keir will be PM and @flattythehurdler will be appointed Minister for Fun.

2 Likes