Uk affairs, The Double Lizzie Crisis (Part 1)

I was reading something recently where the Brits are selling off their Spanish & Portuguese properties as even though they might be underwater on the purchase price the FX is very favourable so they are nearly breaking even.
I’d say travel there will be way down. Jersey, Guernsey, Gibraltar and the likes might see a mini boom.
Time to build a holiday resort in the Falklands perhaps?

Blackpool , Dorset , Whitley Bay and Skegness is the place to invest now .

Portrush up north ???

Bognor Regis is the new Magaluf.

I love your anecdotes about your minimoon in Poland

So how do I convert my money for Cheltenham?

Draw it at an atm (not an on course one) and say no to them doing the conversion for you.

:heart:

where are you planning to go for your actual honeymoon?

I always get confused. If using a sterling card, and asked if I want to pay in sterling or euro, I should pay in sterling?

If I’m booking a holiday for the summer now should I be looking for UK sites that price in Sterling for value or is it currently the opposite I should be doing?

@Julio_Geordio

Does That work with a standard bank account?

Julio’s marked absent when boils down to actual detail. @Julio_Geordio

1 Like

Pay in the currency of the country you are in. The bank will handle the fx, otherwise the card machine does the fx at fuck knows what rate.

1 Like

Yes

If you can find sites that price in sterling and haven’t adjusted for the fx move yes, but I’d imagine most hotels update the fx rates daily. Maybe UK travel agents who price in sterling won’t have completely adjusted the price of their packages, but who uses a travel agent? You won’t catch the likes of an airline with it anyway.

I was on lunch mate.

Obviously the best way to take advantage of the drop in sterling is to go on holidays to the UK.

2 Likes

Lads, get a card from this crowd if you’re buying stuff in a different currency.

They give you the interbank exchange rate.

A romantic week in Bradford in July with the missus.

1 Like

July in the Cotswolds would be a delightful holiday

1 Like