Unbearable teenagers

The struggle is daily with a 15year old whom as a female is actually acting like ten year old boy.
Between daily struggles to make her take a shower look after herself.
Its beyond belief now at this stage we were all young once but never was I or anyone I knew like this.

1 Like

Don’t fight it.
She will find herself,

That’s one of the major struggles of parenting a teen Id imagine, albeit I am a bit away yet.

Id generally agree with your view. But hoping time will sort it is a high risk manouevre in this day and age

1 Like

You have two choices, fight them or be supportive. They will always love you for being supportive, they might resent you forever for fighting them. It’s a thin blue line, you have to constantly dance around it.

4 Likes

In 10 years time I’ll have 3 teenage daughters in the house, I can’t wait (cc @KinvarasPassion)

7 Likes

You’re starting to sound like @Malarkey or JeffEp here.

4 Likes

@Dubhub we have a fathers issues thread for this kind of thing.

For what it worth, I don’t know how you do it.

3 Likes

Welcome to my world Fran. You’ll find that the wife will turn into one as well

7 Likes

Water is a precious commodity , I think she’s right

5 Likes

Fwiw kid,

I had an issue with my two during the summer. Not the same issue but you might be able to handle it the same way. It got to the stage where they were spending most of the day in bed and up all night. As a result I was doing every bit of housework, cooking cleaning etc. It got to the stage where I actually got resentful toward them. So I had a conversation with the wife and we came up with a plan. For 3 days solid we didn’t lift a finger. Left the place go to shit. Eventually on the 4th day the two of them got so pissed off that the rwo of them dug into it.
Maybe over the weekend you’d consider something similar. If you’re dropping her or collecting her, don’t bother showering, combing the hair Tec, just for a day or two. It might take two weekends but fuck it.

2 Likes

There is nothing on this planet as forgetful as a teenage boy. I blame screen time.

Recently I gave him a few jobs and asked him did he know what I was talking about, the reply being ‘Yes’. Then I asked him what I had said and he not a clue. Said he just said yes cos he thought that’s what he was supposed to say.

1 Like

9 Likes

I played that little game last year.

I spent all morning putting out the stuff for him to put the wood preserver on the fence today. Five minutes ago I got a message asking: “Should i be concerned at all its a respiratory hazard. The can has that warning sign on it.”

I was going to reply and say that unless he’s planning on drinking it. Then I was worried that he’d only read ‘drinking it’ and do exactly that.

10 Likes

I’d say it’s a tough oul beat in fairness.

2 Likes

My lad didn’t climb out of his underpants for three days and nights after we got back from holidays, nor did he dress any further.
Count your blessings you’re in Ireland where she has plenty of time to find a decent life.
The rat race starts early in tanland.

1 Like

Why do so many of you not teach your children how to wash and clean themselves?

4 Likes

If you aren’t going to give the young lad proper equipment like a mask, then you can’t expect much

2 Likes

Youll be able to answer that question yourself in a few years and then you’ll feel stupid for asking it.
Or on the other hand he’ll spend all day in the shower and you’ll be worried shitless why he’s not out winning matches single handidly

He has a point tho… Shared a house with a bird a few years back and she’d fuck her used jammers into an open bin in the jacks for all to see and left there until someone emptied the bin. I had to buy a closed bin and ask her to dispose of them more discreetly… This was obviously acceptable behaviour at home.

Dirty women are far worse than men

3 Likes

Of course he has a point but only up to a point. It should always be addressed regardless, but bearing in mind that it’s not an uncommon trait among teenagers. If it drags more then a few months it should most certainly be taken a lot more seriously