Universally loved Irish People

I have a mate from Cork who idolises Jimmy Barry Murphy and despises Cillian Murphy.

Then again there’s nowt as queer as Cork…

1 Like

JBM is unbelievably popular in Cork, how could he not be really? He’s a really nice fella and has buckets of All Irelands, he wasn’t a bad hurler.

I’m quite surprised that Cillian Murphy is popular on TFK

I don’t think I have ever seen anything he was in but he has a very good reputation as an actor from what I hear.
Also seems to like his music. Has a show on BBC6

What are usually the KPIs for TFK popularity or at least non hatred?
politically neutral, striking blue eyes…

I’ve heard Cillian Murphy interviewed a few times and he comes cacross as a thorough alright sort. Completely uninterested and unaffected by celebrity culture and the scutter that goes with it.

5 Likes

@BruidheanChaorthainn will be torn to hear his kids were born in England but he brought them to Ireland when he couldn’t stomach their English accents

What’s he like at the deli counter? not some posh place now, Spar or Centra type places. Is he a vegetarian? He looks like he possibly could be.

I worked on the renovation of his home when they were off on one of their world tours. We were given a job of demolishing an outdoor wooden hot tub. I thought to myself at the time it’s benches were as close as I’d ever get to Naomi Campbell’s ass.

3 Likes

The WTF Marc Maron one is worth a listen.

1 Like

Anybody who drinks in Murphys
Bar Brandon is salt of the earth and an alright sort to boot.

He’s a serious muso, he was well known around Cork as a top class musician long before he got into the oul acting

That’s a great show.

The pew pew crowd all loved Peakey Blinders.

3 Likes

The cork neediness is off the charts here

It’s interesting to see how Peaky Blinders started with Murphy within a wide cast of character but as it progressed it pretty much was centred around him completely. It was obviously apparent what they had in him as an actor.

My missus says that Tommy Shelby is very attractive but that Cillian Murphy isn’t.

Be surprised if there is anyone from cork who doesn’t like him

Can’t be from cork for starters

The male ego is fragile and your missus is very astute.

2 Likes

Hollyoaks with flat caps

2 Likes

Is there a tinge of disappointment that Cillian is so well-liked?