Unpopular opinions or views you hold

There would, more than youā€™d think.

2 Likes

The early 90s :expressionless::expressionless: twice??

Expectations start to rise even subconsciously the further you go. Getting your hole handed to you after the first round particularly under the old system was easier to take

Not going to happen for you in 2023 then. Weā€™re away in Gaelic Park on Easter Saturday with a potential semi-final clash V Sligo/London to follow.

That said thereā€™s a window of opportunity for throwing a few slaps into you the day of the Connacht final. A few pints beforehand while weā€™re still optimistic will be well in order. :beer::beer:

2 Likes

Halcyon days. I absolutely love them.
Pearse is the worst place though. I love an oul road trip out the country. Will meet for slaps though, God willing.

1 Like

The best teams at the 1994 World Cup were:

1. Italy
  2. Romania
  3. Brazil

The best teams at the 1998 World Cup were:

1. Holland
  2. Argentina
  3. Italy

The best teams at the 2006 World Cup were:

1. France
  2. Argentina
  3. Italy

The best teams at Euro 2021 were:

1. Spain
  2. France
  3. Italy
2 Likes

Best teams at the 2004 Euros would be very controversial:

1. Czech Republic
  2. Portugal
  3. England

I donā€™t think that would be very controversial. Iā€™d say itā€™s probably a widely held view.

Best teams at the 1990 World Cup:
1 West Germany
2 England
3 Brazil
4 Yugoslavia
5 Argentina

Best team in the 1994, 1995 and 1996 senior hurling championship was Limerick.

5 Likes

Harsh on Bulgaria.

They werenā€™t even the best team in Munster those years.

1 Like

Its the unpopular opinions thread, mate.

Irony is lost on you.

1 Like

2006:

1. Italy
  2. Argentina
  3. Germany

France played one unreal game, one Zidane game and then were only ok

Argentina would have won the 1994 World Cup had Diego not been busted.

1 Like

How so, mate?

Clare beat them fairly convincingly in the 1995 Munster final didnā€™t they? Before my time but would that Limerick team have been strong defensively (the last 5 minutes against Offaly in 94ā€™ aside) but just lacking an extra marquee forward alongside Kirby?

Clare were far and away the best team in the country in 1998 from my reading of it. Definitely an All-Ireland that got away for them.

They were in 96, at least early in the year. Probably the best a Limerick team has played in my lifetime aside from the current crop

2 Likes

Clare were mugged off in 98

2 Likes

France ripped apart a very good Spain team, were always in control against a very talented but disjointed Brazil team, and in complete control at all stages against a good Portuguese team.

Zidane cost his team the final mentally.

Argentina should have beaten Germany and would have beaten Italy.