Unpopular opinions or views you hold

Maybe so.

It was obvious they are two superb teams and so on but actual hurling for that period was a shit show.

Hereā€™s one I truly believe. The further you go in the intercounty championship, the less craic the day out.
Give me a first round game away in Leitrim on a fine Saturday evening any day of the week over the enforced jollity of an aif. I actually mean this.

3 Likes

Later stages attract a day tripper crowd. Remind you of a rugby international.

Right, deleted that, yeah, unpopular alright.

There was lads crying around me when you lot bet Armagh in the AIQF to n17. Not much enforced jollity there.

U wot mate?

1 Like

You canā€™t say you didnā€™t have a great time when Galway went far in the football this year?

Oh I did, but as a day out, the best days by far are the first round or two of the Connacht championship, preferably away in Leitrim, Roscommon, or mayo.
Sligo not so.much. Too far.

I get ya. Roastery pub, carvery, County Town>bandwagon day.

2 Likes

Exactly. Better again if youā€™re expected to lose.

1 Like

Would there have been many times galway were expected to lose to Leitrim ?..

There would, more than youā€™d think.

2 Likes

The early 90s :expressionless::expressionless: twice??

Expectations start to rise even subconsciously the further you go. Getting your hole handed to you after the first round particularly under the old system was easier to take

Not going to happen for you in 2023 then. Weā€™re away in Gaelic Park on Easter Saturday with a potential semi-final clash V Sligo/London to follow.

That said thereā€™s a window of opportunity for throwing a few slaps into you the day of the Connacht final. A few pints beforehand while weā€™re still optimistic will be well in order. :beer::beer:

2 Likes

Halcyon days. I absolutely love them.
Pearse is the worst place though. I love an oul road trip out the country. Will meet for slaps though, God willing.

1 Like

The best teams at the 1994 World Cup were:

1. Italy
  2. Romania
  3. Brazil

The best teams at the 1998 World Cup were:

1. Holland
  2. Argentina
  3. Italy

The best teams at the 2006 World Cup were:

1. France
  2. Argentina
  3. Italy

The best teams at Euro 2021 were:

1. Spain
  2. France
  3. Italy
2 Likes

Best teams at the 2004 Euros would be very controversial:

1. Czech Republic
  2. Portugal
  3. England

I donā€™t think that would be very controversial. Iā€™d say itā€™s probably a widely held view.

Best teams at the 1990 World Cup:
1 West Germany
2 England
3 Brazil
4 Yugoslavia
5 Argentina

Best team in the 1994, 1995 and 1996 senior hurling championship was Limerick.

5 Likes

Harsh on Bulgaria.