Unpopular opinions or views you hold

That’s victim blaming. Awful carry on

What is?

The Liverpool - Manchester United rivalry is purely geographical and is no more relevant than the City-Everton, City-Liverpool or United-Everton rivalry.

United and Liverpool have rarely been the two main title challengers at the same time. 2009 is the only year I can think of in my lifetime

Arsenal, Chelsea, Newcastle and even Blackburn have all had more meaningful rivalries with United over the last 30 years than Liverpool have had.

3 Likes

Take it to the footix thread

It stems from the days of the canal shipping and Birkenhead taking all the custom from Manchester actually.

4 Likes

Lolz

2 Likes

1997 but Liverpool collapsed from April on.

1984 too I think but United collapsed on the run in.

That’s basically the reason for 90% of rivalries?

1 Like

And land. Don’t forget the land.

David James melted down towards the end of that season, at home to Coventry and Man United.

Exactly, and it’s nonsense in my opinion. Unless they’ve actually gone head to head against each other for titles or in big cup matches. Or maybe there’s an incident in a particular match that kicked it off - i.e. Palace-Brighton.

Not a negative.

Liverpool would have gone top had they beaten Coventry the day after United lost to Derby in the game where Paolo Wanchope slalomed through the entire United defence, the same day the Ra got the Grand National abandoned.

Fowler gave Liverpool the lead early in the second half and all, they blew it and lost to a last minute goal.

The United game was the start of the end for Evans.

The way Liverpool collapsed was reminiscent of United in the 80s. The difference in the fundamental seriousness of the preparation compared to their main rivals was obvious and the tables were now turned. Now they’re turned again, on their heads, utterly.

3 Likes

Saying your man deserved the punch in the face

Was that the year the great Waterford man John o Shea scored a 90th minute winner at anfield?

2008 I think.

Doesnt matter tbh it was amazing

2007 was his last minute winner at Anfield

1 Like

No one ever deserved a punch in the face?
This is the problem