Unpopular opinions or views you hold

Not in my view.

Keano is box office chief, as well you know. Doesn’t matter his view points, it’s the delivery of what he says. The head on him when Sturridge did the singing yesterday :rofl:

Has that not grown tired at this stage?

1 Like

Giving out about the carry on of young players when he himself was a pisshead for a significant portion of his career

1 Like

Cork.

2 Likes

He’s their version of brolly/dunphy/hook at this stage. Totally just about the entertainment value. His ‘analysis’ is very basic as you said but he is one of the best players of the PL era (as rated by most of his peers it seems) so whatever he says does hold weight too. He’s almost the ideal pundit. Highly respected, controversial at times, a sense of humour, well up for a row.

3 Likes

the dumbing down of football is complete when lads well into their 50s are giddy at this

1 Like

The Saudi League is gonna become big.

Time zone kinda allows for it to be fair. I think it’s still 5 or 6 years away but it’s getting there.

2 big issues they will have, 1)zero cachet in winning anything out there 2) Young lads won’t want to live out there

I know nothing about soccer but it will in its hole.

1 Like

Males under the age of 25 should be prohibited from driving, full stop. An exception to be made for a ‘W’ tractor licence.

1 Like

No chance. People don’t watch football to just see collections of players. What makes the Premier League and European football popular is fan culture. That is the no. 1 thing people try to ape on these newish leagues in the US, Australia and Asia.

Great to see another advocate for the 15 minute city @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

1 Like

It won’t just be a collection of players, hence why I mentioned 5 or 6 years. They have unlimited money to pump into marketing etc. That’ll be key.

Have you spoken to any young lads lately? A lot of them support payers more than clubs?

1 Like

To promote Saudi culture? :grimacing:

That’s a bit of a trope but doesn’t really stand up to long term scrutiny yet.

People said the same about the MLS.

It won’t

I’m already seeing a LOT of Al Nassr jerseys at the airport.