Unpopular opinions or views you hold

Full score counting, proper competitive competition. Itā€™s nice to see as it helps them understand that thereā€™s winners and losers. Theyā€™ve split it into an U9 shield and an U10 cup which is great so everyone is fairly equally matched. Kilmacud Crokes even travelled down for it with their 57 U10 teams

Youā€™d feel for the other 40 who didnā€™t make the cut .

2 Likes

They felt that playing anything more than 57 a side would be taking the pissā€¦

1 Like

Sorry yeah the 64. The town was buzzing the day I was down there. Father used to work in the leather factory down there once upon a time. Long ago now so it was a sentiment trip back down there. We went to court town and Tara hill too and Saleen beech.

1 Like

On a fine day thereā€™s very few places thatā€™ll beat the view up and down the coast from Tara Hill. The lack of fine days is the issue though

Afraid so

1 Like

Is that run by Pakistanis or do they just work there?

How can you tell their nationality?

Shur they could be Ukrainians

1 Like

No itā€™s just Iā€™ve been working on the front line for 7 odd years and itā€™d best me to tell a (native) Pakistani from an Indian or a Bangladeshi

I remember edwina currie talking about how she valued and respected her indian constituents, especially the Pakistani taxi driversā€¦

1 Like

The sister in law told me.
And she knows everything.

They worked in a few shops on the north side as if to get to know the trade and then the story was they took over there. Probably leased the building in fairness. Thatā€™s why I asked.

If itā€™s the same two still there, theyā€™re there morning noon and night.

Apologies mate, I wrongly assumed you were making a generalisation and I whole heartedly apologise

1 Like

The lads on the tills may well be from Pakistan, tough enough gig over there Iā€™d say,
The girls who operate the deli are local, I honestly donā€™t know how they manage to keep everything so good, most delis bang out dried up shit non stop

Yea, the deli staff are always local. I wonā€™t state the obvious reason for that.

These lads have their heads screwed on by all accounts.

Sheā€™s a mine of information on delis that one.

I am not sure if this is popular or unpopular.

Roy Keane is an utterly hopeless football analyser whose sole contributions seem to be ā€˜the importance of senior prosā€™ and ā€˜getting back as if your life depended on itā€™.

2 Likes

I think what made him interesting and stand out on UK punditry is that he didnt follow the usual line and generally couldnt hide his disdain for waffle. But thats definitely drifting away now and he seems to be becoming a caracitures of whatever he once was.

He stood and watched as Daniel Sturridge sang Usher yesterday and also is now launching away jerseys for united as well as dressing as a clown for SKY. And I believe he once dressed as a Leprechaun.

Where did it all go wrong Roy. Should never have left Forest.

3 Likes

I always knew he was a complete hypocrite - even the analyser gig was something he scoffed at for years.

But it then became about whether he was actually good at it when he decided to slum it and take it on.

And heā€™s not. Just because you have a disdain for waffle doesnā€™t mean you automatically offer any real insights.

Bizarre yesterday that he was the only one not to ask Trent or Poch any questions when they appeared at the podium thing.

2 Likes

The man has to earn a living too. Iā€™m sure Keane would like to be one of the top, top managers in world football, but it didnā€™t work out for him (as clearly heā€™s not up for it). But heā€™s found something that heā€™s good at, and heā€™s earning.

Wagons circling klaxon sounding etc.