Unpopular opinions or views you hold

Well, it appears now that because they are better musicians and singers than the lads in the covers band in the Dog and Duck on Saturday night that I can’t say they’re bad :+1:

thats some hot take on my post. also, i never mentioned the lads in the dog and duck.

dont worry, im sure @Locke or dan will be along shortly to give you some backup, probably saying that sultans of ping werre better than queen

The Franks were the band Oasis could have been.

4 Likes

Your point is that I can’t say they’re shit because they can all play their instruments well, they were professional musicians FFS, perhaps if they had better songs to showcase their talents it would have been different (IN MY OPINION)

shit implies they were bad musicians. youve accepted they were good musicians so all you need to say is that you dont like their music. quite simple really, IMHO

So Queen were a shit band yet you really really like Don’t Stop Me Now.

Whatever.

1 Like

In general I didn’t like Queen, particularly the classic Queen quasi operatic style like Bicycle and We are the Champions and so on. When they veered off that style and got Mercury to tone down the melodrama a notch they produced a couple of good tunes Crazy Little thing called love and Another One Bites the Dust. They are a bit like U2 for me. An awful heap of songs I don’t like and a couple that I do like.

5 Likes

I have no massive grĂĄ for Queen but I think Freddie Mercury was a true original and much of their good stuff comes from him.

The piano piece of Bohemian Rhapsody is just brilliant in my view and there are about five or six other songs which are great also. Some duds admittedly but there was something really special and star like about Mercury in my opinion.

1 Like

Queen are an outstanding band ffs.

If you cured cancer lads on here would be moaning you increased world hunger or something.

1 Like

This would have been some craic

2 Likes

Is this really so difficult to understand? I can easily name 20 songs from Queen and I don’t really like 19 of them, because they were HUGE, but I really like that one, OK?

In the way that you can’t say any professional footballer anywhere in the world is shit because he was probably the best player in his town by a mile, any inter county hurler etc etc,

We use ‘shit’ often to describe things that probably aren’t actually ‘shit’ at all in the grand scheme of things

This was a serious klaxon return from the Queenies

No surprise that someone from Humberside would love Queen

2 Likes

The pencil thin moustaches are circiling

it is actually. their playlists normally only consist of the beautiful south, the housemartins and the stereo MCs

yet again, the klaxon sounded and the carkies answered the call

1 Like

you just never know where it’s going to happen on tfk :rofl:

1 Like

There used to be a cover band called the Memories. They played a heap of queen music. They did a song for italia 90 to the tune of we didnt start the fire. They had a lesser known football parody called I want to Take Frees. It was absolutely class and we sang it for years.
It also led to our own version of Belinda Carlisle…'I think it’s a goal now… there doesnt seem to be any flag up now! ’
Ill always love belinda carlisle because of it.

2 Likes

Tiffany should have been the object of your affection

3 Likes

Chris Morris score draw
Don Givens Denis Law
Eusebio Jr
Ronnie Whelan Sr
Pele number 10
We’ll never see his likes again
Pumpido Nina!
Champions Argentina!

5 Likes