Unpopular opinions or views you hold

Susan Boyle did a smashing cover of Wild Horses.

Iā€™ll just leave that there.

Never heard of her,Iā€™ll await the verdict from @farmerinthecity .

Of course mate.

@Mac and @padjo she is a singer

1 Like

It would want to be some effort to be better than the Stonesā€™s version.

ā€˜singerā€™

Itā€™s an unpopular opinions threadā€¦

3 Likes

Itā€™s the singer not the song

Never heard of her

We have a well worn copy of Melanieā€™s greatest hits
Sheā€™s an extraordinary singer, the title of number 10 will trigger some :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Her voice always seems to be so full of emotion. A cracking singer

Ryan Tubridy is a far superior presenter than Patrick Kielty.

Wouldnā€™t rate Kielty hugely but definetely an upgrade on Turbidy.

2 Likes

Who?

Fair play mate. Would you give him a few weeks to get used to it or hang him now?

Whats the title of this thread?

The ā€˜Do it for Seveā€™ narrative at every tournament

1 Like

The continued demise of the cheque as a means of payment is very disappointing.

Receiving a cheque for something is far more personable and rewarding than being informed that money is being transferred to your account and you can view with a mobile app.

Also its ease of use as a payment is very unstated.

It is more open to scammers, bouncing cheques etc but it is much more personal.

4 Likes

I had an experience this week that leads me to agree. You can only transfer 1000 euro to a new payee using online banking. I was told to wait 48 hours which i didnt have that time. Into the bank. Ordered a draft and visit a branch of the payees bank to lodge. Pain in the fucking hole. Cheque in post would have sorted it

4 Likes

Funnily enough - a lot of my clients are Club and Intercounty GAA/Camogie teams

Colleges pay by bank transfer
Clubs and Counties love to pay by cheque. Itā€™s probably 50/50 between that and bank transfer

Iā€™d say they do up all cheques in the usual club/county board weekly/monthly meeting and post them out then.

Currently, if you are an unincorporated voluntary club or society with multiple signatories on the account, paying by cheque is the most efficient and cost effective way to pay bills. Internet banking costs about ā‚¬200 per annum and to make a bank transfer, two or however many signatories need to go into the bank together physically. Ergo, the chequebook

5 Likes