Unpopular opinions or views you hold

Hopefully they have more ideas beyond building a Ronald Reagan Plaza.

Cahir is lovely

I had a tremendous carvery dinner in Cahir before. Really picturesque spot.

1 Like

Shamrock Lounge or Cahir House Hotel?

The shop on the corner of the square does the nicest 99 in the Ireland.

3 Likes

Heading there for a couple of nights next month.
Where is this carvery?

Had been damaged greatly by the Garda college closing but helped by it reopening since.

Like any town it’s seen a good few shops close down, the park is lovely though and Paddy Cadells place beside the park does smashing grub & coffee if your ever looking for a place to put down the day.

1 Like

I won’t hear a bad word about Templemore. Was at a wedding there years ago and some lads were running in and out to a bookie’s next to the Templemore Arms. I know shag all about horses but picked some yoke at random which won at 28-1.

A fine town.

1 Like

West Limerick people have/ had that hotel.

Didn’t know that. It would have been around 2006-07. The cricket world cup where Ireland beat Pakistan and their coach was found dead afterwards was on at the time.

A cousin of my mother’s. Not sure if he’s retired but originally out of Templeglantine. His sister and brother in law would have had O’Dwyer’s in Cappamore

Dan Ward?

Correct. Has he still got it?

Not sure I’d put a day down there but ya it’s a fine spot. Whoever took over the place in Borrisoleigh has also put a great deal more effort into it than the hurler who had it did.

You get the drift, an hour walk and an hour grub. Must give it a go :+1:t3:

1 Like

I’ve gone up Devils Bit then down into place for grub afterwards. Grand afternoon out. Would often hit the park there with the children too.

Nenagh wouldnt have much touristy attractions for visitors, but it is flying as a town, a lot of independent retailers going strong like Ger Gavin, JKC, sportsmans dream and a good few more. It never had retail parks/ chains take over to the same extent as a lot of other towns it size and doesn’t have many boarded up shops.

I don’t know if they still do it, but up to a few years ago, most shops would close a half day on a Wednesday😂

5 Likes

It must’ve been the Shamrock Lounge. We were on a college trip to various farms in Tipperary for an Ag Science module in UL. It was 2016 so the Two Johnnies hadn’t come to prominence at the time. It was a particularly delicious carvery and I do have a vague recollection of getting a 99’ afterwards.

2 Likes

Shamrock Lounge I believe. The Two Johnnies home venue.

1 Like

An absolute gent of a man

Cahir man here originally

The town is after getting way too busy now. The NIMBY in me is a bit bored of the day trippers etc absolutely packing the Inch Field and Swiss Cottage walk. Just leads to the cafes charging a stupid fortune now

1 Like