Unpopular opinions or views you hold

I think we all know it’s a banger to be fair - But you can’t deny the saturation of it at this stage. Don’t think your opinion would be unpopular there.

His next unpopular opinion is that Hey Jude is a catchy tune

Absolutely.

One of those songs that has a massive impact on any crowd and not all songs can say that.

Terrific energy.

And I just can’t look it’s killing me
And taking control

[This bit is like flooring the accelerator on a car already going fast]

Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies

Those four or so initial singles by them are all crackers to be fair but Brightside is the pick.

4 Likes

Anyone who doesn’t like Mr Brightside needs to ask themselves where it all went wrong.As soon as you hear the opening cords you know it’s going to brighten your day.

6 Likes

That’s a decent funeral.

1 Like

It’s catchy but is a poor man’s Over and Over by Hot Chip.

This Director of Hurling stuff espoused by the GAA is only throwing good money after bad. The interest isn’t there in the so called “weaker counties” so you are pissing up a downpipe trying to promote the game in them

1 Like

You’re absolutely correct that hurling should break away from the GAA. JP will fund the initial cost… Fuck the GAA and their bogball bias

1 Like

Signing in.

If I never heard that song again, it would be too soon.

1 Like

Over and over is class but you wouldn’t have fat middle aged lads from Kerry crowd surfing in a pub to it.

You can grow hurling easily like every other single sport but the gaa folk are too pig ignorant to do so.

More interested in junkets in Boston and Dubai than growing the game.

I’d agree with this. They should really concentrate on bringing the Joe Mc counties up to the Liam Mc level. The interest is there in 80% of them, and with a bit of work, they could easily be grown.

At the same time, if there is interest in some of these counties, and its matched by the county board, I’d say they should also be given due consideration.

1 Like

What sports have grown “easily”? The general interest in rugby has grown a lot but most players are still coming from where they always did and always will, private schools

The GAA is responsible for 2 sports mainly (along with other smaller scale ones like handball and rounders); it is easier for other bodies like the FAI and IRFU to grow as they only have to focus on one sport

Tradition is everything in sport.

Yer man Naoise was trying to say the opposite in some video I saw yesterday but he’s wrong.

1 Like

Lads thinking you’re going to go to some place like Crossmaglen and grow the game of hurling have their heads in the clouds. A pure waste of resources but sure a couple of coaches employed by Croke Park will do this box ticking exercise and get a nice chunk of mileage out of it.

1 Like

You put the cart before the horse anyway.

The rugby thing about schools is nonsense as well. They are defacto academies.

It’s like saying how many Limerick players came through the underage academy.

When you cross money with playing numbers and competent coaching you get results in every sport.

Hurling isn’t unique.

Hurling is our national sport and we have an obligation to put a hurl in every childs hand who might be interested in swinging it. Its simply a disgrace that there are Irish people who have never held a hurl or had the opportunity to do so. To abdicate that responsibility is inexcusable and similar to how we treat our native tongue.

We dont need to try set fire to to a county who has no interest, but it should be in all primary schools to some degree.

7 Likes

If tradition is everything how did cuala win a club all Ireland hurling?

How did nap win one who were formed in the 70s?

Traditional is meaningless.