Unpopular opinions or views you hold

Rory is a bad un

I donā€™t think rod liddle could get more unpopular. He was as popular as herpes anyway.

Youā€™d want to try being a ref with non neutral umpires. Even at football itā€™s very difficult to tell. You then basically have to ask the player, the goalie and the two umpires, and try and judge who is being entirely truthful.

As a proud Mayo man once told me. If you have to do umpire always go for the white flag side. The ref will decide on the goals, whereas thereā€™s always a bit of flexibility with the points.

Iā€™m listening to Joe Brolly on with Thomas Oā€™Shea and theyā€™re both absolutely ripping football apart for being an awful spectacle. Iā€™ve seen the same said all across twitter by ex football players over the last few monthsā€¦ What games in particular have you seen that you thought were good to watch? Iā€™ve only seen a bit of Limerick v Clare and less of Limerick v Kerry by the by.

Mayo Kildare.
Galway Mayo.
Every game in Ulster.
Thatā€™s all I watched that were enjoyable

1 Like

They have gone to town on Ulster football in particular. I didnā€™t see any of itā€¦ Why are so many pundits down on football ?

Dunno. Some people are down on everything. Some people trying to get lads banned from a Hurling championship knockout off the back of some grainy I phone footage, and they after being royally entertained.
Hard to understand some folk. Glass is always a quarter empty.

Leave Brendan Cummins and Clare fans out of it.

For as long as I can remember people have ā€œbeen down on footballā€. Particularly from the 80s on. Actually I donā€™t recall too much ochĆ³ning about say the Offaly team of the 70s and the meeja took a break around the time of the Heffo/Micko rivalry but certainly since the 83 final itā€™s been one football is in crisis after another - the dirty Dubs, dirty Meath, Ulster football, the Dubs are too good. So on and so on.

3 Likes

Conversely I canā€™t remember a time where hurling hasnā€™t been ā€œin crisisā€.

Itā€™s a post colonial inferiority thing. Imagine the amount of shite EPL games in a season yet you donā€™t have Neville and shearer and the boys on wringing their hands.

I think football has become a lot more watchable over the last 3/4 years. Blanket defense can be broken down more and skills have improved a lot more.

1 Like

Iā€™m slightly giddy about ETH taking over United and think heā€™ll do a great job despite the club being a sweltering shithole of largesse, bad values and immorality at times.

1 Like

Ole cleared out a lot of the shite for him, a lot more to go, but a good chunk out of contract this summer gives him a somewhat clean slate to try and start again. The likes of Pogba are a poison

The original star wars films are good, revolutionary for their time and in that context deserve to be highly rated. Episodes 1 to 3 were meh but i can never understand the fandom and culture around it. Bizzarely overrated in that sense. The new disney stuff gripes me as the producers of Game of Thrones made shit of the last season by rushing it to work on fucking star wars.

So what you trying to say?

Star wars are over rated

Christy Moore is very average

The way they keep dead people in England hanging around for a week or even longer in some cases to be buried/cremated is really really creepy in my opinion.

8 Likes