Unpopular opinions or views you hold

The low key moderation on TFK is subtly brilliant.

23 Likes

@Locke’s forum was superior to TFK

1 Like

Any Martin McDonagh film is shit.

2 Likes

Including 3 billboards?

Yes. I can’t take to him at all.

Ah i thought that was a super film. Rockwell was immense. The fire between Harrelson and McDormand. I’ll just have to ignore the bizarre casting of Harrellsons wife

I always thought Henry was a bit overrated until i saw him play for Ballyhale in an all ireland club semi. When the pressure was on he delivered. Probably got better as he got older even into he’s 30s.

Shefflin was a super player. One of the most game-smart hurlers I’ve ever seen.

EDIT - Three Billboards is a great movie also.

4 Likes

An awful lot of revisionism going on. Lads forget how deadly he was in the first half of his 20s when he was the best hurler in the country before the all conquering team from 2006 onwards emerged.

6 Likes

To play devil’s advocate, TJ Reid is one of the most overrated hurlers ever.

7 Likes

agreed here.

Pele was shite

The vast majority of oscar winning films are pure drivel

7 Likes

Only for Ger Loughnane hurling would be dead. He selflessly brought glitz and razzmatazz back onto our screens in the 90’s. Compare him to Cody with his solemnity and methodology - Gerlock was the truth….

17 Likes

The vast majority of booker prize winners are unreadable.

2 Likes

Roy Keane’s career was finished by injury and not humiliation at the hands of a mackerel salesman.

4 Likes

Ireland needs to return to its own currency as the euro is a failed and flawed project.

Galway do not have an endless stream of hurling talent which doesn’t fulfill its potential. They have a lot of minors who are decent rather than stellar, and it is actually a sign of a healthy outlook on life that the majority don’t really want hurling to be the be and end all throughout their twenties.

1 Like

The Dutch have no view, good or bad, on Denis Irwin.

5 Likes

Protestants are a better class of people here in Ireland.

1 Like