Upcoming Movies

[quote=ā€œcount of monte cristo, post: 882708, member: 348ā€]Gentlemen, old school does exactly what it says on the tun irreverent slap stick comedy. I enjoyed it as a light relief from my serious lifestyle.

There seems to be no reason for debate as everyone is entitled to their opinion.

You just come across as gentlemen trying too hard to disagree with folk.[/quote]

I didnā€™t find it funny, mate. Nothing more to it than that.

Anchorman was funny. Funnier than most of what gets made as comedy.

Blokes when drinking quoting Anchorman is not funny.

I hear ya sport. Different strokes and what not

[quote=ā€œcount of monte cristo, post: 882708, member: 348ā€]Gentlemen, old school does exactly what it says on the tun irreverent slap stick comedy. I enjoyed it as a light relief from my serious lifestyle.

There seems to be no reason for debate as everyone is entitled to their opinion.

You just come across as gentlemen trying too hard to disagree with folk.[/quote]

Its funny but its nowhere near the funniness of monty python or dude wheres my car

If everyone is entitled to their opinion then why are you commenting that those who donā€™t like it are ā€˜trying too hard to disagree with folkā€™?

As I am entitled to my opinion, was the same not evident from the part of my post you quoted.

Parts of Anchorman are very, very funny. Ferrell is in a lot of shit movies. Owen Wilson is a cunt as is Vince Vaughan.

12 years a slave is pretty good. They didnā€™t over Hollywood it, which made it thoroughly enjoyable. Got on and told the story as was told in the bookā€¦

McQueen made Hunger and Shame. He was never going to over Hollywood it thankfully

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KafreVcaTI

[SIZE=6]Oscars: Main nominations 2014[/SIZE]

A list of the main nominations for the 86th Academy Awards

Best picture
12 Years a Slave
American Hustle
Captain Phillips
Dallas Buyers Club
Gravity
Her
Nebraska
Philomena
The Wolf of Wall Street

Best director
Alfonso Cuaron, Gravity
Steve McQueen, 12 Years a Slave
Alexander Payne, Nebraska
David O Russell, American Hustle
Martin Scorsese, The Wolf of Wall Street

Best actor
Christian Bale, American Hustle
Bruce Dern, Nebraska
Leonardo DiCaprio, The Wolf of Wall Street
Chiwetel Ejiofor, 12 Years a Slave
Matthew McConaughey, Dallas Buyers Club

Best actress
Amy Adams, American Hustle
Cate Blanchett, Blue Jasmine
Sandra Bullock, Gravity
Judi Dench, Philomena
Meryl Streep, August: Osage County

Best supporting actor
Barkhad Abdi, Captain Phillips
Bradley Cooper, American Hustle
Michael Fassbender, 12 Years a Slave
Jonah Hill, The Wolf of Wall Street
Jared Leto, Dallas Buyers Club

Best supporting actress
Sally Hawkins, Blue Jasmine
Jennifer Lawrence, American Hustle
Lupita Nyongā€™o, 12 Years a Slave
Julia Roberts, August: Osage County
June Squibb, Nebraska

Best animated feature
The Croods
Despicable Me 2
Ernest and Celestine
Frozen
The Wind Rises

Best foreign language film
The Broken Circle Breakdown
The Great Beauty
The Hunt
The Missing Picture
Omar

Theyā€™ll surely give it to Leo, out of sympathy if nothing else

Pleased to see those nominations for Nebraska - the best of those films that Iā€™ve seen, though I havenā€™t seen Wolf of Wall Street or 12 Years a Slave yet.

Quite surprised to see no nomination for Thompson or Hanks to be honest but havent seen enough of the other performances to be fully sure, still I though Thompson would have been catnip for the Academy members.

And nothing for the Coen brothers which is very surprising.

Went to see Nebraska, excellent, genuinely moving stuff. 12 years a slave is good, I probably went into it with too high expectations, tough viewing though. Iā€™m hoping to see all is lost tomorrow. Iā€™m nearly afraid to see the long walk to freedom, I really enjoyed the book and supposedly the movie is just a detached tick the box rundown of all the main events. Might wait for tv for that one.

American Hustle is very, very good.

Nebraska was excellent alright. Really enjoyed the performances of Bruce Dern and his wife in it.
Alexander Payne really makes great movies. I must throw on Sideways again soon

Due to madame literally throwing her toys out of the pram at the handover, we missed our slot to see wolf of wall st leaving walter mitty as the only film we could see in the babysitting window

Though it bears little resemblance to thurbers original story it wasnt the worst film with some very good cinematography. It could have been much funnier or darker but played too safe,

5/10

The Wolf of Wall Street is simply outstanding.