Upcoming Movies

Watched Duplicity last night with Clive Owen and Julia Roberts, another pile of shite.

Iā€™m going to watch this later i think itā€™s the type of thing iā€™d enjoy.

But first iā€™m settling down to watch Moon which iā€™ve been looking forward to for a while. :thumbsup:

Good shout dunph, Zowie Bowie himself directed that. Have it DLā€™d, mmight give it a whirl tonight, either that or Adventureland depending on the humour.

Give me a brief overview of Adventureland pleaseā€¦

Easiest just to direct you to pukepedia

click here

No similarity to Moon, but like I said, depends on my mood.

Iā€™m about 5/6ths of the way through Adventureland. Watching it on the DART on the way home in the evenings so maybe not the best place for it. Finding it enjoyable enough, mainly because I worked as a carnie for a summer before so itā€™s all very familiar.

Iā€™d give it a lukewarm recommendation so far though.

Moon is superb. :clap:

Fuck it I went to wikipedia to check it out and ended up reading the entire plot and thus ruining the whole fucking experience.

True. Sam Rockwell is a hugely underrated actor.

Heā€™s a grand actor alright i always thought so. This will propel him to the next level, wherever that isā€¦

I hope so, heā€™s a cracking good at the ol actoring thing. Loved him in Matchstick Men, Confessions of a Dangerous Mind and Collinwood.

Did you know he was in Mutant Ninja Turtles too? :smiley:

Jessica Alba stars in the upcoming The Killer Inside Me.

Trailer here

[media=youtube]eo5onXUw56I

Donā€™t know much about this movie, but it does seem to have this kinky sex game scene going for it, so thats got me hooked

:smiley:

A movie called duplicity with Clive Owen and Julia Roberts. What else could it ever have been?

A movie called duplicity with Clive Owen and Julia Roberts. What else could it ever have been?[/quote]

Theyā€™re two good actors, whoā€™ve appeared in decent films Iā€™m sure youā€™d agree? I said Iā€™d give it a shot. It got its shot. It didnt take its shot.

Clive Owen I donā€™t like at all. Heā€™s like a posh Jason Stratham. What good movie has Julia Roberts been in?

:rolleyes:

Clive Owen was good in Inside Man, Children of Men and Sin City to name 3.

Roberts was in Flatliners, Sleeping With The Enemy, The Player, Oceans 11, The Mexican, Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, not to mention chick flick chewing gum which is actually watchable such as Americas Sweethearts, My Best Friends Wedding and Runaway Bride.

Clive Owen was good in Inside Man, Children of Men and Sin City to name 3.

Roberts was in Flatliners, Sleeping With The Enemy, The Player, Oceans 11, The Mexican, Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, not to mention chick flick chewing gum which is actually watchable such as Americas Sweethearts, My Best Friends Wedding and Runaway Bride.[/quote]

Clive Owen is yet to play a great character - Inside Man was barely an acting role at all. Oceans 11? My Best Friendā€™s Wedding?

Ah youā€™re entitled to your opinion on Owen, no skin off my nose, not like Iā€™m comparing him to Pacino or anything.

Oceans 11 is a very enjoyable film, albeit as the runt pointed out, it is a little far fetched.

I also pointed out that my best friends wedding is a chick flick which as chick flicks go is watchable. It was wrote right there?

I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever enjoyed a chick flick, although I might just be trying to tell myself that.

Fair enough. Sometimes these films need to be endured. I think this may come down to your not being a confident guy. :wink: