Upcoming Movies

Kilmer not winning, let alone nominated, the best supporting actor is one of the greatest Oscars travesties

3 Likes

its quite boring

holdovers way better

I didn’t get a chance to watch it at Christmas and then put it aside because of the seasonal element.
I might chance it soon anyway. :+1:

1 Like

I found it compelling and worth the run time. Thought the stuff about the commies was interesting but probably because I didn’t have any sense of it before.

I thought Killers of the Flower Moon was pretty poor. In no way justified the run time and the ending was utter shite. A bloated self indulgent lump of a film.

“Commies”
“Cawps”

:smiley:

I don’t know what ‘cawps’ are but there was commies and Jews.
Even some Jewish commies.
Can you imagine?

A scatter of 2024 popcorn flicks in this

The Old Oak on Netflix is good. Loach has lost the finesse a little, and it’s all a bit trowelled on, but definitely worth a watch.

Saw Dune II last night. It wasn’t near as bad as that review, but the story doesn’t quite come together. More than enough visual eye-candy to keep you tuned in at the same time.

I enjoyed it a lot. The last 30 minutes felt like it was on wheels to get it finished under 3 hours. I thought Bardem and Butler were very good.

Spot on, looks horrendous & nobody wanted a remake of it as the original is a fitting tribute to Lee.

2 Likes
1 Like

I half can’t wait for this and I’m half expecting it to be a huge disappointment as well.

Oh it absolutely will.

Is it a follow on from Prometheus or where does it fit in?

A new thing again.

Fucksake

Takes place between the events of Alien & Aliens, Ridley(take it with a drum of salt) & Cameron(more telling) have both given it high praise. Time will tell.

Ridley isn’t a person chief